GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HOUSING BENEFIT BAN for jobless migrants from April - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOUSING BENEFIT BAN for jobless migrants from April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOUSING BENEFIT BAN for jobless migrants from April

A lot of young people don't have the work ethic that our European neighbours have though. Where I work, there are generations on Benefit and it's become a way of life for them. A lot of kids are just not interested in learning... it makes my job a nightmare at times.
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
      It has been known for immigrants (yes it has happened more than once) to turn up at a hospital and say "here, take my kids, I have no where to live and no money". Within hours they have been housed and given money.

In one case, when the social worker turned up at the house a few days later to check whether they had settled in and if everything was okay, there was no sign of the kids AT ALL in the house. Turns out that the kids "used" for the scam were not even living in the house or related to the immigrant.

Whatever we introduce, they'll be ways round it
      Hanging..... Anyone, anyone.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
        Firing squad (i'm joking before anyone says anything! )
        lol totally agree mate. Posting as I read, I just said similar above lol
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post
          Why not make the originating country cough up, either at UK rates or their own?
          they do, each member state pays into a pot which is used to fund claimants in a reciprocal agreement. For instance, Romania will now pay into it to fund any Brits and other nationals that live in their country - to pay benefits etc.

Protected Benefit Rights I think it's called!!

Thats no secret --> http://www.dwp.gov.uk/international/...r-eea-country/

Comment

Working...
          X