GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stay or go - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stay or go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stay or go

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
    Do you know something, I think you'll find your friends and family more understanding and caring than you realise.
    And if they aren't, tell them to disappear up their own backside and join Martin's Spongiform Encephalopathy.

It might be a useful way of finding out who your real friends actually are. If they don't support you in this, you are better off with them culled from your list anyway.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post

Those that care will understand x
      Absolutely! Believe me, I know.

Comment

I think you may find it far more common than you realise. My sister admitted to being bailed out by her husband and when I told her about my gambling her first reaction was yes my friends X&Y are going through that, X had been calling into the service station everynight losing lots of money.

Its a lot more common than you think....

Comment

Just saw a quote that sums things up nicely......'Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life'

Comment

I agree. We need to focus on what's really important but sometimes other stuff gets in the way.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Live, Laugh, Love!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffystuff View Post
                Live, Laugh, Love!
                I have that on my bedroom wall...
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

A big mirror is much more entertaining

Comment

Morning all. Just had some more ''advice'' from someone recommended to hubbie. Turned out he was from Eurodebt. Advised us to give house keys back,rent, go on a dmp (for the debts we're not paying) and put £30,000+ shortfall into the dmp at a later date. Oh and pay them £1000 in fees upfront. I think not!!! One thing he did say tho was that if we went bankrupt and were left any money we would have to hand it to OR. Not something i even want to consider but i have got elderly parents. I can't see any way other than work more hours,cut back on non essentials and stay here for now

Comment

If you listen to advice, make sure it comes from someone with a brain cell. Also, make sure it comes from someone interested in your welfare and not their own wallet. You can guarantee that you will get those requirements met with people on this forum.

I haven't volunteered an opinion, partly because bankruptcy is not my area of expertise, and partly because I don't have enough facts to determine the likely outcome of each scenario. You need informed opinion, not that of amateurs, even well meaning ones.

SH

Comment

Typical
                        As for handing over any inheritance that all depends on the time scale. I believe that once discharged that is it done and dusted.

If you are serious about BR then there is a lot of knowledge on this site.
                        I am afraid Eurodebt are giving you the worst possible scenario.

I am lucky in that any inheritance that I get is going into a trust fund for me ( it was set up while my Ex was still alive).

Comment

Sorry if i ramble. Can't see the wood for the trees at the minute. Why are things always clearer from the outside? Due to various health and family issues we have to accept it's time to move on. Sorry for repeating myself but basically we're in a house in negative equity that's in the wrong area and needs work doing. We're on interest only for the next couple of months but when that runs out we will be £200-300 per month better off if we rent. We know it's not as easy as just walking away but it's got to be done. Actually doing it is another matter. Once we start missing payments there'll be no going back. I will get some inheritance money but not for years i hope. If we go bankrupt for the mortgage shortfall and god forbid anything does happen this will be wiped out. Whats the worst that can happen if we lose the house but dont go bankrupt?. Need to get sorted as we've been considering this so long and the worry is now adding to health problems. Anyone got an axe to chop the trees down and help us see clearly please?

Comment

Jon is right, once you are discharged you own them nothing, get inpartial independant advice.

Comment

Hi Samsmum,

I'm afraid I can't provide you with that axe but I'm sure someone will come along soon to provide you with the information you need that will hopefully give you a 'view of the woods'.

Hang in there, you can bet help is on its way.

Comment

Thank you. Just going to work so will check in later.. Sorry again for rambling. Just getting so stressed and confused

Comment

Working...
                                X