GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage shortfall & Ex-Wife's Bankruptcy - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage shortfall & Ex-Wife's Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortgage shortfall & Ex-Wife's Bankruptcy

P1 i completely agree!

Unfortunatley BR is not the way to go for my BF, his workplace would sack him if they even found out bout whats going on just now.

with regards to divorce i will need to contact my lawyer and see what he thinks of all this lol
    "you are only coming through in waves, your lips move but i cant hear what your saying iiii iiii iiii have become comfortably numb"

Comment

Originally posted by Mags76 View Post

with regards to divorce i will need to contact my lawyer and see what he thinks of all this lol
      Why? Are you talking about your divorce or your BF's divorce?

If your BF can't consider bankruptcy, then he does need to contact Santander to find out the state of play. He'll also be able to see what interest and charges have been added over the months and plan a way forward from there.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

HIS divorce, i dodged that bullet lmao
        "you are only coming through in waves, your lips move but i cant hear what your saying iiii iiii iiii have become comfortably numb"

Comment

HIS divorce, i dodged that bullet lmao
          In that case, he won't tell you any different. Your assets are your own and have nothing to do with your BF's debts. In fact, if he's working for your BF, I'd be inclined not to divulge too much about your own financial situation in case he suggests you offer to use some of your equity to help him and, in case the ex gets wind of how much you've got in your house.

This is entirely up to you of course but if it was me, I would be standing back a bit. He needs to get divorced, so he's the one that needs to see a solicitor and not you.

Women try and help like this all the time and I've been guilty of it myself at times.... but bottom line is.... your BF needs to get a backbone and he may never do it if you keep propping him up by sorting out his mess for him.

Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            Hey be careful there, you know the truth can hurt aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
            Go away this is Girl Talk

Comment

Hi Mags

another skin like a rice pudding here. BR and repossession is not my thing but there has been recent legislation here to make it very very hard to be repossessed (Oct 2012 perhaps) so how did she do it? At the very least she's stolen money from your BF, at the very least.

P1 is right he needs a good shake and he needs to develop a wee backbone because at the moment she is walking all over him. Back to the wife, I thought she worked in a bank? so how did she go bankrupt? and does she work for santander? if so I smell a great big smelly jobby on someone's mantelpiece, and the BF needs to poppnscoop!!!!

Comment

wondered this myself^^^^^

Comment

Hi

your right,

1. i dont think there is such a thing as a joint credit card (how thick am i lol)

2. im not sure which bank she works for (tho i dont think its santander)

3. had a "chat" with BF last night he has now grown some balls, today he is sending SAR to santander to see what is going on

4. calling a lawyer to see about divorce i reckon with whats going on its an easy one

5. if she works for a bank your not permitted to go bankrupt (right?)

6. i am now only helping in the background (i.e. nudging/shoving in the right direction)

A big smelly jobby hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

1. Nope. Not generally. I've heard anecdotally that some companies (namely Amex) do allow joint credit/charge card accounts, or at least get the extra card holder to sign agreeing to liability, but not sure if that is really true or the mechanics of it if it is.

5. Depends on the bank's own policy and whether the person is in a FSA regulated role. If FSA regulated, then the person is not likely to pass the FIT (fit and proper person) test from the FSA. Certainly have seen a few people working for banks go bankrupt without it being a big issue, but seems by far more the exception rather than the rule.
                    Last edited by Riz; 30 October 2012, 09:22.

Comment

• Re: Mortgage shortfall & Ex-Wife's Bankruptcy

ah ok rizzle thanks for that x

Comment

If someone's already working in a bank, then how would that bank know they'd gone bankrupt anyway? It's a bit like those naff CRB checks that can chuck up a history prior to someone getting a job but once in that job, no-one checks any more.

The joint credit card and subsequent debt needs looking into as a separate issue, I think.
                        Remember the mantra:

Comment

Hi

3. had a "chat" with BF last night he has now grown some balls, today he is sending SAR to santander to see what is going on

4. calling a lawyer to see about divorce i reckon with whats going on its an easy one
                          Result

It seems like the £50k bill may have been a bargain from everything you've said about his ex-wife so far if it's got him on the phone to a divorce lawyer. Every cloud has a silver lining
                          Last edited by PlanB; 30 October 2012, 09:56.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                            If someone's already working in a bank, then how would that bank know they'd gone bankrupt anyway? It's a bit like those naff CRB checks that can chuck up a history prior to someone getting a job but once in that job, no-one checks any more.
                            I presume your contract allows them to do periodic credit checks.

Plus banks do get a 'feed' of insolvencies.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                              I presume your contract allows them to do periodic credit checks.

Plus banks do get a 'feed' of insolvencies.
                              ..... which actually has no relevance to a person's ability to do a job or not; just class snobbery that's come down through the ages in relation to banking, I think.

Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                                ..... which actually has no relevance to a person's ability to do a job or not; just class snobbery that's come down through the ages in relation to banking, I think.

Will not disagree with that.....

Comment

Working...
                                X