GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with Landlord - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Landlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with Landlord

DO NOT WITHHOLD YOUR RENT

With holding your rent is illegal and not the way forward. The only spert they would get on is issuing you with notice lol

Comment

LOL ok, i did say dont take my advise, i just act before i think sometimes and if i wasnt getting anything done id prob cut my nose to spite my face!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hahah its natural instinct to withhold payment

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
          Personally, i would withold payment of rent until the situation has been sorted, i wouldnt advise you to do it though because i dont want to be the cause for any eviction, but my belief is, you would soon see them get a spert on when no rent is coming in!
          "
          Originally posted by jen_br View Post
          hahah its natural instinct to withhold payment
          Originally posted by jen_br View Post
          DO NOT WITHHOLD YOUR RENT

With holding your rent is illegal and not the way forward. The only spert they would get on is issuing you with notice lol
          It DOES work, nut NOT with ALL LL's will bow down and give in.
          I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Yeah, that's the thing its very illegal and you'd hate to loose your home.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
              the heating/water, is old (it's not a combi-boiler) and if we want hot water, we have to turn the heating off and vice-versa, with no heating it gets cold VERY quick.
              Does the boiler burn gas and, if it does, does it have a current and valid safety certificate?

Is there anything we can get done as it doesn’t help my wife much as she is disabled and suffers with Diabetes and when it's too cold for her, she goes to bed and shuts down and goes to sleep until she gets (or the house) gets warm again.
              Your wife could get some thermal underwear.

Or you could cuddle her more tightly.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Does the boiler burn gas and, if it does, does it have a current and valid safety certificate?
                yep

Your wife could get some thermal underwear.

Or you could cuddle her more tightly.
                We do
                I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Working...
                X