GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Managers (Services) Ltd - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Managers (Services) Ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt Managers (Services) Ltd

Well we didn't respond to the letter so waiting to see what happens! I did notice one odd thing that we can't work out on her searches - a search that stands alone (pretty much all others are car insurance quotes to batched together by date) this one is on its own. Pretty sure she's not applied for a loan and there is no credit showing at all - seems to be an associate search maybe to find out her married name? but the address was our current address so she's always been contactable

It's a while ago but I guess the wheels move slow sometimes , anyone know what it might have been? If they searched purely by name and nothing else (ie for another person but with the same name) would it show like this?

HSBC (Sa,Sr, Tac)
    Personal Loan Api
    Checking Credit Application - (Associate Link Search) 30/08/2014
    Input address xxxx
    Search reference xxxx
    Name xxxx
    Application type Sole

Comment

It says associate link search, have you applied for anything? Has she paid insurance by monthly instalments? Just fishing!!!!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks
        She has an associate link from 2007 when she was a student, cooincidently with HSBC so I'm wondering if that particular search was her former student friend applying for a loan. She's no longer linked so I've submitted a dissaccociate request to noddle - will see if it falls of the report and then check the other agencies.

my report doesn't go back any further than 2016 for some reason in the searches - pretty sure we didn't apply for anything back then as we were both barely coherent due to an almost 1 month old baby keeping us busy!

Comment

Ok so it turns out to be SKY TV - an account that was closed a few years ago (with difficulty - ending in her escalating and getting compensation from them!)

hopefully she has the letters from back (2008) then to prove it!

can they even chase it after 8 years?
          Last edited by rjm2k; 23 May 2016, 13:36.

Comment

no, but it doesn't stop them trying
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thought as much thanks, will send a response to debt managers services saying the usual no debt acknowledge - in dispute with sky and time barred under limitations act anyway

will then send sky a letter saying no debt acknowledged, account closed - compensation paid due to hassle and time barred anyway!

Comment

Gives um summat to do eh ?xx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                  Gives um summat to do eh ?xx
                  should be made illegal - am sure many people must pay debts they don't owe because they are confused/scared

they also mention a company we've never heard of Cabot Credit Management, apparently they had contacted her about the debt before passing it on (no they hadn't!)
                  Last edited by rjm2k; 24 May 2016, 08:58.

Comment

So after sending them a response saying no debt and only account would be out of date anyway, they get back asking us to confirm we have nothing to do with an address we've never even heard of. so they have generated an invalid link based on a credit search for nothing more than a name! is that even allowed?

Comment

Unfortunately when they are trying to trace people they do lots of speculative searches. You need to reply and tell them that you want all searches and links removed from the credit file

Comment

A Phishing Exercise = trace a person but send letters etc to all whos name is the same

Comment

Working...
                        X