GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Managers (Services) Ltd - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Managers (Services) Ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Managers (Services) Ltd

Looking for some follow up advice after I found some info in the forum archive here regarding Debt Managers (Services) LTD, the wife has just received a fishing letter which has confused us no end. we've checked her file on noddle and apart from a possible £12 showing from 2004 we can't see anything at all that it could be and even more confusing we were married in 2013 and they have used her married name, I note they still include the threat of assuming she is the person in question if she doesn't contact them!

Thanks in advance!
    Dear x,
    Our Ref:
    Re: x, address

We are attempting to contact the above named person and our recent investigations have resulted in your details being obtained from a credit reference agency. Your address has been provided by them due to a link with the data we hold, as a possible new address for the person we are wishing to contact.

To verify that you are the person we are wishing to contact, or if you believe you are not the subject, please contact us urgently on 0333 003 8561 so that our records can be updated appropriately.

If we do not receive a response to this letter within 7 days, we will assume the link is correct and further communication will be made.

Yours Sincerely
    S Parcs

Re: Debt Managers (Services) Ltd

So there are no debts that she's aware of ie old mobile contract / gas bill etc? If not ignore it as you've nothing to worry about.

If it's genuine it'd be within the last 6 years and show as a default on your credit file. Otherwise its +6 years old and thus statute barred. So either way, if it was me I'd ignore them.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi, thanks, there's absolutely nothing that we can think could be genuine and she's always been against the use of credit. There have been a few "blips" but we've always been in the clear and like I say nothing on the noddle report at all apart from £12 in 2004 (and if I'm interpreting correctly I think they owe her that which is why it's still there).

She had issues with getting rid of sky tv years back but eventually closed down and compensation issued as an apology
      We were "chased" by barclays 6 months into a mortgage because we "missed" our first payment - actually they failed to take the first payment and we were issued with compensation due to abusive operator who they "couldn't trace"
      We were left to babysit a fiat panda for 3 months after a dodgy car hire company her insurers used went bust but that was all through insurers and they had our address anyway
      All other stuff has been through bank accounts so they should have addresses and be able to issue a default against the account anyway

one thing that did come up is when we took out our mortgage the searches came up with a woman in wales with the same name and lots of debts, wife had to sign to say she wasn't said person - could they really just be fishing based on nothing more than a name? There are no searches showing on her credit report since july 2015 either

I think we will ignore the trace letter and see what happens next!
      Last edited by rjm2k; 10 May 2016, 08:20.

Comment

There shouldn't be anything on Noddle from 2004. The CRA's retain a rolling 6 year history so anything showing on live accounts would be from 2010 onwards. Nothing previous to 2010 would be there (unless it's a live account which has no balance).

Even if it was defaulted, an entry from 2004 should be long gone.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          There shouldn't be anything on Noddle from 2004. The CRA's retain a rolling 6 year history so anything showing on live accounts would be from 2010 onwards. Nothing previous to 2010 would be there (unless it's a live account which has no balance).

Even if it was defaulted, an entry from 2004 should be long gone.

Yes, I think it's on because they owe her rather than the other way round. Looks like a store card, had an opening balance of £12 and I reckon she returned the item and got a refund. The recent history shows the balance as minus £12 whereas all other accounts such as the mortgage show a positive figure

Comment

It still can't show after so long inactivity. Never mind - it shouldn't affect you so long as the status is correct; ie live. It shouldn't be defaulted / settled / satisfied.

Comment

It still can't show after so long inactivity. Never mind - it shouldn't affect you so long as the status is correct; ie live. It shouldn't be defaulted / settled / satisfied.
              strange isn't it

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1410918

Comment

you could just contact Creation and ask them to close the account, but as it has no adverse credit marking, it shouldn't make a difference to your credit score
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Creation is a store card / credit card provider.

Comment

That account is in positive credit - as you say - they owe YOU money.

It cannot be full closed until that money is refunded.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It should, surely after 6 years of inactivity, be closed and the credit balance sent by cheque to the statement address. In theory a credit balance is a breach of Creation terms anyway

Comment

It should, surely after 6 years of inactivity, be closed and the credit balance sent by cheque to the statement address. In theory a credit balance is a breach of Creation terms anyway
                        It should, and yes a breach of terms as it was with MBNA - but then banks usually ignore their own terms anyway!!

Comment

Its Creation Finance mate - confused...

Comment

Why don't you ring them and ask them to send you a cheque?

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                              It should, and yes a breach of terms as it was with MBNA - but then banks usually ignore their own terms anyway!!
                              Its Creation Finance mate - confused...
                              Just meant that MBNA do the same. Its a breach of terms, but it also forces the account to remain open.

Comment

Working...
                              X