GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Daughters accident at work - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daughters accident at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daughters accident at work

Thanks for the info Julian,
    she attended hospital the day after the accident so there is a record of her injury's.
    physio has been cleared through SB with Overland health,11 treatments, no payment from us,it's on a no win no fee basis, so insurance cover has been provided for that,Comp is now done through a separate adjudicator on a sliding scale,so as to clear the claim in 5-8 months.
    The driver has claimed responsibility, had to as he hit them while on the wrong side of the road,
    received a letter yesterday from the solicitor our boss is using,saying they have been appointed by his insurance to help in her claim. The list of questions is huge, one of them being ' Have you ever been bankrupt? if so give details'
    another is ' how much has your employer and yourself lost' how the chuff would she know?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Daughters accident at work

They want to know about bankruptcy in case you planned the accident, as if, and to know whether they pay to you or to the OR.

The losses of your boss may be loss of a contract as there is no driver/companion, need to pay overtime to others additional insurance for a contractor etc. Best is to give name and address of employer or HR dept.

The losses of you daughter may be the job, a week's wages, loss of benefit/holiday entitlement, loss of holiday deposit, need to redo a year at college, replacement for clothing damaged in the accident, special clothing for duration of injury. In addition she needs to put down the fares to the physio and the time taken to do this, if you need to drive, it may be worth working out the fuel cost and your time, or use a taxi. They seem to be the more accepting of invoices than family favours. Think long and hard, every penny counts. I would suggest a To Date figure and Estimate of future costs.

I have found from my 5 accident claims that there is disbelief with back pain and even if xrays show disc bulges, the doctors will not state categorically that it occurred during the accident, even f they took an xray/MRI 3 months prior and fund nowt. A broken leg is easier to claim for.

Comment

Working...
      X