GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can category 6/first party fraud marker be removed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can category 6/first party fraud marker be removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can category 6/first party fraud marker be removed

Thank you so much. I will type it up and send it off tomorrow/Saturday.

If they remove the marker would I be able to open a bank account elsewhere?

Thanks again

Comment

Type it? Copy it. If you want I'll put on a word doc for you.

Dont type it up again lol

Once removed yes, you'll be credit scored alone. No CIFAS.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Once you get a reply from Lloyds, let me know on here please. If I miss it send me an email - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk and attach their letter and I will then advise next-steps (if any)...

try not to worry, it will be gone in a year anyway so it's not the end of the world however you look at it. Do not apply for any credit though as the CIFAS will block all account applications from being approved so it's a waste of your time.
        Yes I will keep you updated. If they don't remove it and I have to wait until the 6 years is up will I then be able to apply for a bank account?

Also if I apply for a flat to rent would that show up on my credit check?

Does car insurance count as credit? I don't have a car yet but once I pass my test I'll need insurance so I can drive to work.

Sorry to ask so many questions but I honestly don't have a clue when it comes to stuff like this.

Comment

It shouldn't affect renting or insurance but they could decline you cover IF they do utilise CIFAS (they only see public data i.e. CCJ's).

Try not to worry. Send the letter and let me know
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Please don't worry vimto; you're in good hands with Niddy. That's a cracking letter
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you so much

I'm going to find a post office after work tomorrow so I can send it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                Please don't worry vimto; you're in good hands with Niddy. That's a cracking letter
                I agree, the letter is amazing, just reading it has made me calm down

Comment

I've had a letter from Lloyds basically saying that someone has tried to ring me to ask me for further details. So I am going to ring tomorrow but I'm soooo nervous I really don't like speaking on the phone to people I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by vimto456 View Post
                    I've had a letter from Lloyds basically saying that someone has tried to ring me to ask me for further details. So I am going to ring tomorrow but I'm soooo nervous I really don't like speaking on the phone to people I don't know.

You don't have to ring them.

You wrote them a letter. Let them write back to your letter.

Plan B x

Comment

I rang to speak to the woman because I really want to get it over and done with. She was very nice. I'm not sure how it's going to go she said she's going to review everything and then ring me back and let me know. She was slightly critical of me but also quite nice so fingers crossed. Is it normal for them to want to do things over the phone? The letter said she'd closed the complaint but would only reopen if I rang. Not sure if that's normal practice?

Comment

I'm aware I am probably over thinking but I've got a feeling they won't remove the cifas because surely if she was going to she'd have made her decision during the phone call I will have to wait for a generic letter / phone call for confirmation first though I guess 😕

Comment

Try not to ring them again - shouldn't have done that.

Wait for the letter and let us know - I just hope you used the same issues in my letter on the phone?

Comment

Oh no why should I not have rang them? Now I feel even more anxious, this is so horrible.

Yes I will wait (im)patiently for the letter but definitely won't ring them again.

I did stick to what was in the letter it was only a brief phone call because I had work issues to deal with. But I mainly stuck with the fact that I was upfront beforehand and hesitant but that they were pushy about me cashing it and insisting it was ok.

It's unfair that they know exactly what they're doing and don't really care about the lives they are ruining. This is something that has caused me serious anxiety and made me absolutely miserable for years and they just don't care because they don't want their staff to be criticised or to look bad.

Comment

From what you've said that's good. Let's see what they say.

Don't stress. You've done everything right, being you returned their call. You've done good so try & relax and let's hope for good news.

Comment

Originally posted by vimto456 View Post
                                I've got a feeling they won't remove the cifas because surely if she was going to she'd have made her decision during the phone call 
                                I expect she was just the 'fact finder' not the decision maker. She'll report back to someone higher up in the business. Hopefully she can see that you were the victim of fraud not the perpetrator.

The bank (counter staff) should have rejected the cheque at the time if they were suspicious. It's not your fault they didn't do their due diligence.

The letter you/Niddy wrote shifts the blame back to the bank where it belongs.

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
                                X