GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script nhunter - INCONSISTENT - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nhunter - INCONSISTENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nhunter - INCONSISTENT

Hi

I recently did an SAR to NHUNTER and found out that Halifax who i made my mortgage application to put "inconsistent" status in regards to my "salary being inconsistent" probably because they could not verify it? but never asked me for any documentation.

I understand the inconsistent status stays on file for 3 years, this was put in July 2017 so it should automatically go away next year. However, i'd like to challenge this but i do not know how to start or from where. I realised HMRC has sent me a letter for my tax overview which has my income as £31,000, the broker put my income as £30,000 not sure where it went wrong but i'd like to send HMRC evidence to them which confirms my income.

Can anyone guide me with the procedure?

Do i send a letter to Halifax Complaints Dept? Then wait, if they do not remove it then complaint to ombudsman?

Maybe start with a Subject Access Request to Halifax to see what data they have on you which may enable you to make a complaint if that's the way forward.

Did you fill in the mortgage application form yourself, or did you give the documentation to your broker who completed it on your behalf after you had signed the form?

Did Halifax give you a reason for your mortgage application being rejected (assuming it was)? In my personal experience Underwriters never tell you anything regarding an application rejection decision.

Had you applied for a mortgage with another lender where a different income amount was stated?

You seem to think the inconsistency relates to HMRC information etc, but could it have been something else?

A little more information could help you to get the help you seek..

Di

Comment

Hey Diana

Apologies for the very late reply. I did a SAR to Halifax but it doesn't include any details about my mortgage application.

Did Halifax give you a reason for your mortgage application being rejected (assuming it was)?

When i was refused mortgage in 2017, i phoned Halifax and they told me that the reason they see on my application is "income could not be verified".

Had you applied for a mortgage with another lender where a different income amount was stated?

No, i did not apply anywhere else since Halifax. It was the only mortgage application i have ever made.

The nhunter SAR shows a comment "conflicting salary details"

I wanted to apply for a mortgage again, but i am really worried if i should, even though i have all the documents from HMRC. Last time, i sent P60's/Payslips/Bank Statements but this time i have the letters from HMRC confirming my salary/SA302s and can also supply screen shot from HMRC for Paid Taxes. I also want to apply directly with the bank, so i can be sure that there are no discrepancies.

I have also managed to save a deposit of over £100k. (Property Value: £260,000k).

Should i wait until the nhunter data expires?

Comment

Originally posted by kilowatt1 View Post
        Hey Diana

Apologies for the very late reply.

It's my turn to apologise for a late reply (I didn't get an email alert to your thread update).

Can you clarify how you made the mortgage application i.e. online direct with the Halifax or via a broker/intermediary/packager?

It's important to know how and what precise information was submitted and by whom.

It's curious that the Halifax has no information relating to the mortgage application in your SAR, yet are also able to tell you that there were inconsistencies ("conflicting salary details")

Di

Comment

Apologies, Halifax does have some information related to my application. I spoke to the broker to get the reference number, with which Halifax was able to find something, they sent a letter confirming my DSAR and will follow up shortly with the details.

I have the fact find, which has the details the broker says they sent to Halifax.

Comment

Apologies, Halifax does have some information related to my application.

I did wonder about the absence on information when you posted this on your thread >

I did a SAR to Halifax but it doesn't include any details about my mortgage application.

I also note that you say you made the application through a broker. Does/did the broker have FCA authorisation?

Send the broker a SAR asap before any information gets 'lost' or 'amended'.

I'm guessing (from experience) that you paid the broker a fee, and I'm guessing (from experience) the broker would have been paid a fee by the lender if the deal had gone ahead.

What did the KFI (Key Facts Illustration) say about commission?

Your intention is to clear your name so you need to do some fact finding too.

Di

Comment

~Hey Diana

Halifax responded to my SAR request by sending me a link to view the data they hold about me in regards to the mortgage application that i made. This contains no information regarding hunter, or why the mortgage was refused. It only has the documents i sent to the broker. "P60s, Statements, Payslips, Passport, BRP".

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X