GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CIFAS Category 6 removal procedure - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIFAS Category 6 removal procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIFAS Category 6 removal procedure

Apologies for the big post in advance. I am new to this site and to blogs. Never had to read them until following bit me.

I am a 29 year old male been working professionally for about 5 years, who was looking to start up my own business for which obviously I needed investment so I asked a lot of friends if they know anyone. One friend gave me number of this so called person "John" who was happy to invest in my business.

After a couple of conversations, he transferred about £30 to my metro bank account and my account was fine . A few weeks later, he transferred about £15k to my metro bank account. I was really happy and tried to use my card at a fuel station as regular but I was unable to as my account had been locked immediately by the bank. Few days later, I received a letter from Bank saying in a weeks time your account will be closed. I was shocked and phoned metro bank a lot times but they wouldn't tell me anything specific. I was asked to provide proof of funds for which I asked John and he sent me a bank statement which I passed on to Metro bank. Even after sending them John's bank statement they never unlocked my account. John stopped answering my phone calls and now his number is not even valid. My mate says he is not in touch with John either.

A year later now when I tried to apply for a credit card last month it was turned down. I felt a bit surprised and after a bit of research I found about CIFAS, requested a SAR, and turns out I have a Cat 6 marker on me placed by the bank last year.

Please can someone advice me how to get out of this situaition as not to talk about starting your own business I cannot even get a simple credit card with a cat 6 CIFAS.

Thank you.
Working...
X