GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Search Reason = Outstanding Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search Reason = Outstanding Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Search Reason = Outstanding Debt

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Do I presume that Wescot and Cabot or any DCA can search as 'agent' for the creditor to whom I did give permission in the first place?
    You'll have signed an authority when you took the credit product - this encompasses any agency that the original creditor may use so yea, anyone they sell the debt to or ask to chase the debt can and will search you - the CRA's never remove debt traces unless those that done the search agree to it, ie wrong person for example.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Search Reason = Outstanding Debt

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Anyway I would only have given permission when I ticked the relevant box on my application form for credit at the outset. But if the creditor hasn't got my application form or credit agreement after I've CCA'd them then who says I gave them my permission in the first place ?
      Yep, agree with this but after McGuffick - well, forget it. If you admit to having used the card/product then they'll report data - agreement or not. ICO have no pwoers to do anything, assuming you deny the sharing of info element - so it's a wasted fight to be honest.....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X