GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Serious Address Issues please help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Address Issues please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious Address Issues please help

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Right, a NoC in this sense is ideal for you as it stops a computer saying no when it sees the mismatch of data (address) hence adding one means the application cannot be declined electronically and must be sent for manual processing. A human will notice that the address is the same and if this was the ONLY reason for the decline, they would reverse it. Make sense? So in your case it is probably good to have one to stop automatic declines.

As for reports, you misunderstand - a credit report is generated against a person, NOT an address so basically there could be 50 people and/or historical reports from that address - you won't know as they will only send you info relating to you. So similarly, what you want to happen is for all 3 CRA's to have the address as shown on PAF as this is what will credit score you, but as this differs from what you use as you apply for things means you need the flat address to be manually linked to the PAF version so lenders can see that the address is actually the same and not fraud.

Make sense, I hope so lol
    Ok, think I got it. That way, the fact that the CRAs will only all agree on the Flat address will be fine because when I apply and use the PAF address, it will refer and whoever will see everything on my file for both addresses, due to the link, where the automated system could technically see it, but wouldn't because it goes by the address put in at application. Is that right?

What is a PoC mate, I don't know all the terms yet, should I use that instead of the NoC?

Comment

Originally posted by Mistic View Post
      Ok, think I got it. That way, the fact that the CRAs will only all agree on the Flat address will be fine because when I apply and use the PAF address, it will refer and whoever will see everything on my file for both addresses, due to the link, where the automated system could technically see it, but wouldn't because it goes by the address put in at application. Is that right?

What is a PoC mate, I don't know all the terms yet, should I use that instead of the NoC?
      Yes you got it

I edited my post, a POC is a claim - I meant to say NoC

It's sorted now, forget the POC totally as you won't have any of those
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes you got it

I edited my post, a POC is a claim - I meant to say NoC

It's sorted now, forget the POC totally as you won't have any of those

Cheers mate you're a star

Comment

Recap;
          1. . Speak to that person at Council tomorrow and see what they say;
          2. . Request all 3 CRA's add the current address as shown by PAF and the version you use with the flat number included and have them link them;
          3. . Then add NoC text to all three CRA's.

Should sort it....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Recap;
            1. . Speak to that person at Council tomorrow and see what they say;
            2. . Request all 3 CRA's add the current address as shown by PAF and the version you use with the flat number included and have them link them;
            3. . Then add NoC text to all three CRA's.

Should sort it....
            Much appreciated! Will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Ok Update

I contacted the person from the council and they have my Flat address on their system now and have done for years by what they told me. So they have fired off an email to Royal Mail to change it, which apparently could go through no problems or could require more information, depending on who gets the email I suppose. So that sounds positive.

Way away from all that, the guy at Exp apparently decided he didn't want to do what he was telling me he was doing and instead deleted all information regarding my PAF address from my file, making it Flat X, etc with no connection at all to the address without the flat.

So called them back. First guy told me there was no link to the PAF address, confirmed that again when I asked something else in a tone that suggested he wanted to go home, then told me that it was not possible to link an address to my current address. I asked why not and he told me it was not possible for it to be done. So I challenged him to explain why and he told me even more loudly it was not possible to link an address at all, that lenders have to do that. This repeated itself a few more times. So I hung up.

The next guy told me again that a link was not possible, as anyone searching without the flat would not find me unless both addresses were on my profile, so he has put it as a previous address. I queried this and he became snooty and started telling me it would be fine and it would be the same as me living at the address now, which is not even logical, but then I had something like a minute of credit left so decided to leave it like that til I get more credit in the morning as at least the address is back on my credit file in some form.

Now, aside from the... well there are so many words that could fit in there... if I leave that as is, are all the companies I have products with, including my bank, going to get updated feeds from what is happening there and suddenly panic and take back all their products? I am thinking I should simply return it to the PAF address for safety, give Royal Mail time to respond to that email

Any thoughts?

Comment

Hiya

Ok the ultimate aim here was to technically have the address updated and the fact the council will notify RM is a good thing therefore you DO NOT want the house, without flat, showing as a previous address as this will create problems at N Hunter which is a fraud prevention agency, especially as it was NOT a previous address.

therefore leave everything with the CRA's well alone and do not apply for any credit right now, lets get the address sorted cos after that you then need to get in touch with the Electoral Department at the council and check they are using the correct version and not omitting the flat but this is verified on your credit report, it'll show you on the ER from X date to X date - does the address shown actually match the correct version or is it omitting the flat?

But basically, as a result of todays actions ignore my messages of yesterday and await a reply from RM regards the correct address updating.

Comment

Yeah mate you're right. Got worried about the bank having no information at the PAF address in the mean time and freezing me or something so I've messed it up I think. They only send those feeds every month anyway don't they? Is that something that won't happen either anyway?

Will get them to change it back without the previous address in the morning then leave it, sounds good.

The ER address is correct, btw, complete with the flat in the format they are changing it to, so all good news on that front.
                  Last edited by Mistic; 20 November 2012, 23:16.

Comment

yea good idea..... then leave the CRA's alone - any damage can be sorted and undone later

Comment

anything happen in the last week mate?

Comment

Hi mate

Nothing so far. Decided to leave it the week in case it was going to go through smoothly. Tried checking in with them today to query it but did not get through so will try again in the morning.

No more issues with CRAs or anything, nothing has been touched, all sitting ready for this now

Comment

Ok actual update

Royal Mail have officially recorded my address as a multi occupancy property. From what they told me that means they have my flat address on their advanced database, but the normal database, which appears to be the one companies bother to pay for, does not have anything more than the house address, due to the one mail point. So I waited a week but they have gone in a circle.

So lets go back now. Next step was to get all the CRAs showing my flat address, ie the Elec Roll address, then getting them to put a manual link to the PAF address.

I have spoken with Exp and Equifax. Equifax say they cannot link the addresses and that they have to choose one and pull all information to that. So the flat address would then have all information and there would be no link to the PAF.

Exp tell me they cannot create a manual link, that it must be done by the lenders who send them the information.

Unless I have confused myself again, without a link even a NoC would not matter as the person would not see the address to which it was referring. Not sure what to do about Equifax and Exp people merely start arguing links are not necessary every time the conversation hints at anything to do with one. Any advice would be appreciated

Incidentally, Call Credit are using the Flat Address and have all information for some reason with no mention of a link on the report. Not that anyone will search that anyway

Comment

Niddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mistic View Post
                              Niddy?
                              yes...?

Comment

Ok,

So can you clarify - what address does the ER data show? Is it the house or flat?

Comment

Working...
                                X