GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Parking Eye - WTF - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking Eye - WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking Eye - WTF

I've been a naughty boy today lol
    Mrs Pooky and I (ooo! posh speak lol) went to Hospital today and popped into LIDL on way home but didn’t enter the car reg into the poxy terminal after we did our shopping. Now I'm waiting for the delivery of Guinea Pig bedding lol
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

OOh this has given me a fab idea of what to do with my parking eye pie in the sky notice.

As the registered keeper I have to name the driver so I think I will say it was Punky the guinea pig!

I wonder what they would do then pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by mrs bucket View Post
        OOh this has given me a fab idea of what to do with my parking eye pie in the sky notice.

As the registered keeper I have to name the driver so I think I will say it was Punky the guinea pig!

I wonder what they would do then pmsl
        You don't have to tell them ANYTHING - JUST IGNORE IT, as MANY on here will tell you, they can't do anything
        I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
          You don't have to tell them ANYTHING - JUST IGNORE IT, as MANY on here will tell you, they can't do anything
          They cannae dae nuffin.....

Well they can for it I guess......
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mrs bucket View Post
            Very few "organisations" can ask you to name the driver. Only two that spring to mind are DVLA and Police.

You are under no obligation to even acknowledge them
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Something else, this is about the Hospital car parking, as most people know, you have to pay when using the ones with barrier's. There are some 'open' ones for Disabled users. I have noticed on at least one that they have stuck another sign below it (screenshot to follow as I thought I'd taken a picture but for some reason, it didn’t).

I may already know the answer to this question but can they do that? More than usual, the hospital visit can take more than 3 hours, especially for a disabled person as they, for one - can't move fast as an able bodied person. The appointments are often behind - personal experience, I have been with my wife who is disabled, were seen 3 HOURS AFTER the stated appointment time.

To me, they are fleecing a captive market, as the average person would not know that if they got a 'parking ticket' from these cowboys, they would not have to pay it as it would be unenforceable.

Comment

I managed to get a picture of the parking sign referring to time limited Disabled Parking to ONLY 3 hours.
                Attached Files

Comment

Niddy!...
                  Your thoughts? It's not the LIDL Car Park, it's the Hospitals

Comment

Im not sure whether they can issue penalties, but im almost certain blue badge holders do have a maximum time limit.

If i remember rightly, when my dad had a blue badge, he had to display the time he arrived, because you can only stay for free up to x amount of hours. So they may be half right in the signage.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They can issue the penalty notice ........ whether they can you make you pay is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        Im not sure whether they can issue penalties, but im almost certain blue badge holders do have a maximum time limit.

If i remember rightly, when my dad had a blue badge, he had to display the time he arrived, because you can only stay for free up to x amount of hours. So they may be half right in the signage.
                        Depends on where you park
                        Where can Blue Badge holders park?

The Blue Badge scheme only applies to on-street parking. Badge holders have free use of parking meters and pay-and-display bays. They may also be exempt from limits on parking times imposed on other users (check local signs for information) and can park for up to three hours on yellow lines (except where there is a ban on loading or unloading or other restrictions).
                        The scheme does not apply to off-street car parks, such as supermarket car parks, or privately-owned roads, such as those you find at airports.

Comment

I must add... I have received nothing from them, yet but the Christmas period is now over so I will give it 2 weeks.....
                          Waiting for TWO 'FINES' lol

Comment

Working...
                          X