GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Agreed to holiday price over phone that was not as quoted - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agreed to holiday price over phone that was not as quoted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Agreed to holiday price over phone that was not as quoted

Guys, I am truly grateful for all your responses. I have actually followed Niddy for a long time, from the MoneySavingExpert years, so I know you guys know what you are talking about. I have just lurked, and followed the many long threads of people who simply refused to be ripped off. I have got a holiday in the exact place I want. In the room type I want. On the exact flight I knew I would get. But I am so so so pissed off that I have let myself be scammed by a company who set out with the intention of scamming me. It's not the £78 theft that makes me mad. I already know, even the original £39 addition was a lie (because not only is the SAME deal is STILL available on sunmaster.co.uk - it's still available on every other competitor as well) , but I DID accept the more expensive deal. There are many threads online about sunmaster.co.uk that confirm they will adjust the price after you have booked it. If I had booked with Alpharooms, or Thomas Cook, or Thomson, or any of the companies I have used many many times before I would have been OK. I just hate myself for actually allowing the sunmaster.co.uk thieves to rip me off. I went - as I always do - through multiple companies to get the best price - the cheapest - of FIVE companies was the one I have booked with, and they have ended up charging me more than £100 more than the worst quote I had from anyone. The customer services told me it doesn't matter what was said to me - if I agreed to the final price - which I DID - then it is my own stupid fault.
    I will take all of your advice, and let you know what happens.
    Last edited by DonkeyKong; 1 January 2014, 13:51.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyKong View Post
      I booked a holiday online . . . . They rang back the next day while I was out . . . . .

I have the documents through today (4 days later)
      If you booked this holiday online (or over the phone) might not the Distance Selling Regulations (2000) kick in so you can cancel the contract within seven days without giving any reason? If so you could cancel by 3rd January and re-book your holiday with another internet company offering the same holiday cheaper

Check out your consumer rights here first in case I've misunderstood that:

http://www.onlineshoppingrights.co.u...omplaints.html

Comment

Holidays are exempt from DSR aren't they? As are certain other products/services hence I'm suggesting s.75 which allows the FOS to intervene. DSR doesn't offer much really.

Happy to be corrected regards exemption however the FOS is my reasoning behind s.75 pursual.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyKong View Post
          I get back home and see the £649 quote versus what I just agreed to pay - £802. (This is more than even the most expensive alternative, and even today, the same holiday is on their site for £649)
          Do you have any evidence of the holiday being available cheaper elsewhere on the same day that you booked (or confirmed your booking) because sunmaster.co.uk have a *Price Match Guarantee* policy in their Ts & Cs

http://www.sunmaster.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/#pmg

Comment

Thanks for that PlanB - I will post off all the alternative cheaper quotes I have (and can still get, even today, from theirs or any other website). This will go along with a request for a breakdown of how they calculated their costs - as I might have expected, my flight details and hotel room vouchers have come with no prices on them, and there is no overall invoice. I'll keep you guys updated, but since I have already been through all of this less than 24 hours after booking with their customer services on the phone (who said they would get back to me but still have not) ... I'm not expecting them to comply.

Comment

Working...
            X