GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Made to Measure Curtains - Refund? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Made to Measure Curtains - Refund?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made to Measure Curtains - Refund?

Hi Everyone, I've not been on here for some time for various reasons but need some clarification on this issue if someone can oblige please?

I ordered some made to measure curtains and paid extra to have them fitted and the fitter came out to measure the window so that the correct size was given to the shop that were having them made.

There was an issue with the way they were fitted despite two visits by the fitter, resulting in me requesting the extra fitting cost of £130.00 I'd paid to be refunded and this has been done.

However, I discovered yesterday that the fitter had given the wrong length to the shop so they are short (now that they are fitted correcas they should be) and I (and I think the sales person) think that they tried to correct the mistake by hanging them wrong, which resulted in the curtain track being visible above the curtains. I think the wrong track was used and again, I think that the shop agreed.

After discussing it with the sales person, I have been asked to take the curtains back into them to see how they can rectify the problem. We agreed that altering the length at the bottom would probably not be satisfactory because it was likely to leave a line where the original hem was, but it might be possible to remove the heading tape hoping that there would be enough turnover of fabric in order to adjust them from the top instead.

Hi, I’m not sure, but think there may have been a breach of contract by the fitter. I would probably take the curtains back and ask to speak to the manager and see what they will do or offer you.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello Cym thanks for your reply,

I will be taking them back next Monday and the person that makes the curtains goes in on Tuesday so I'll see what they suggest and go from there.

Comment

I've tried to find information about this issue on google but have failed miserably!

I'm trying to find out what happens if I agree to let them try and alter them and I'm not happy, can I still reject the curtains and ask for them to be re-made?

Comment

I would like think so , trading standards would know , i rang them sometime agonthry were helpful xx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
            I would like think so , trading standards would know , i rang them sometime agonthry were helpful xx
            nanna were you on your phone? lol

Comment

Originally posted by marypoppins View Post
              I'm trying to find out what happens if I agree to let them try and alter them and I'm not happy, can I still reject the curtains and ask for them to be re-made?

You should be protected by The Consumer Rights Act 2015 which is explained here > https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ab...ghts-act-2015/

And there's a template letter in this link here > https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...mer-rights-act

Di

Comment

Thanks Di,

I've spoken to Citizens advice this morning and they've confirmed that if I'm not happy with them after any alteration is done, then I can ask for them to be re-made.

I'll update on here when I can.

Comment

Working...
                X