GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script airwalk shoes lasted six weeks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

airwalk shoes lasted six weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airwalk shoes lasted six weeks

My son bought a pair of air walk from sports direct, six weeks later the sols are cracking and they said nothing can be done about it because they said he could have walked one hundred miles and no proof he hasn't .
    This is wrong surly /

nonsense who were the supplier? they have to have a chance to correct issue at least once if I remember correctly if cannot they have to refund sur others will inform you also>

After 30 days there is a 'tiered remedy' system.

If a fault is found within the first six months retailers have one opportunity to repair or replace any faulty goods.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, they are required to give a full refund or a price reduction if consumers choose to keep the goods, without deducting any amount for use, unless it is a motor vehicle.

Remember, if you are offered a credit note or gift voucher instead of a full refund you do not have to accept it.

f you can not resolve the issue retailers will be required to inform you of a relevant alternative dispute resolution (ADR) body.

The appropriate ADR will try to resolve the issue between you and the retailer themselves which should be cheaper and quicker than going through the courts
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 26 July 2018, 15:26. Reason: ADDENDUM
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      nonsense who were the supplier? they have to have a chance to correct issue at least once if I remember correctly if cannot they have to refund sur others will inform you also>

After 30 days there is a 'tiered remedy' system.

If a fault is found within the first six months retailers have one opportunity to repair or replace any faulty goods.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, they are required to give a full refund or a price reduction if consumers choose to keep the goods, without deducting any amount for use, unless it is a motor vehicle.

Remember, if you are offered a credit note or gift voucher instead of a full refund you do not have to accept it.

f you can not resolve the issue retailers will be required to inform you of a relevant alternative dispute resolution (ADR) body.

The appropriate ADR will try to resolve the issue between you and the retailer themselves which should be cheaper and quicker than going through the courts
      Thanks , he got them from sports direct .

Comment

O.K. Then try a formal complaint direct to chairman for starters? give all the info you have including the comment about the 100 miles walk comment
        Direct
        Mr Mike Ashley CEO
        Email Mike.Ashley@sportsdirect.com
        Telephone 0344 245 9200
        Switchboard 0344 245 9200
        Website http://www.sportsdirect.com/
        Social Media T
        Postal Address Unit A, Brook Park East, Shirebrook, NG20 8RY, UKM
        Company Status Active
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The shoes need to be fit for purpose. Walking shoes should allow reasonable wear before repair or replacement. You cannot expect ballet shoes to be suitable for football or a marathon.

100 or 1000miles are immaterial if the shoes are sold for walking and the soles are cracking from a design or manufacturing fault.

Ecco shoes are expensive, so if you have any wear them. Left in a cupboard the soles disintegrate and just fall off after a year. Inbuilt recycling not mentioned on the box. Darn Danes!

​​​

Comment

Personally I would be straight on to the CEO, don’t waste your time frustrating yourself with the minions who are not responsible for decision making. I’ve always taken a direct approach with any complaint and have to say I’ve not had a bad result on any yet. I’ve had the bank giving me several hundred pounds, EE formerly Orange give me six months free + continued discount of 50% for a further six months, Edf charging a lower rate for 18months as the agreed and sent agreements had differing rates.
            So it pays to complain only if your complaints are directed at the right source.

Comment

I wouldn't waste your time with the CEO. Mike Ashley is a venomous toad, he profits from sweat shops. He isn't going to care a great deal.

That said, you could simply stand your ground in the store and quote the section 9, paragraph 3 of the consumer rights act at them.

(3)The quality of goods includes their state and condition; and the following aspects (among others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of goods—

(a)fitness for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are usually supplied;

(b)appearance and finish;

(c)freedom from minor defects;

(d)safety;

(e)durability.
              The one to look at their is durability, are they fit for purpose? - you expect a pair of shoes to last more than 6 weeks. You won't get a refund but you are entitled to swap them for another pair.

The store managers just want you out and try to fob you off, don't let them. I can't tell you how many times I've refused to budge in a store until I've got my refund or replacement. Don't make a scene or use foul language, (anything they could call the police for), but most of the people running these places don't want other customers to hear you complaining about their shoddy merchandise.

FYI Currys are a company that regularly try to fob customers off and I've never left there yet without joy
              Last edited by Shotley; 27 July 2018, 15:03.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                O.K. Then try a formal complaint direct to chairman for starters? give all the info you have including the comment about the 100 miles walk comment
                Direct
                Mr Mike Ashley CEO
                Email Mike.Ashley@sportsdirect.com
                Telephone 0344 245 9200
                Switchboard 0344 245 9200
                Website http://www.sportsdirect.com/
                Social Media T
                Postal Address Unit A, Brook Park East, Shirebrook, NG20 8RY, UKM
                Company Status Active
                Thanks

Comment

Thanks passed this onto my son .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                    My son bought a pair of air walk from sports direct, six weeks later the sols are cracking and they said nothing can be done about it

There's a template letter on the Which? website which he can use to make a complaint under the Consumer Rights Act > https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...mer-rights-act

How much did they cost and how did he pay for them? Air Walk can cost more than £100 so your son could utilise section 75 Consumer Credit Act if he paid by credit card.

Here's how he can do that > https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...mer-credit-act

Maybe a quicker way to get them to focus on the problem and take him seriously, would be to post about his negative experience on their FaceBook page. Never under estimate the power of social media

Di

Comment

Working...
                    X