GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Virgin Freedom Netbook - Out of warranty - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgin Freedom Netbook - Out of warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Virgin Freedom Netbook - Out of warranty

Both sent recorded. Did you check to see if they had been delivered and signed for ? Did you put a timescale on as to when you expected a reply from them ?

Don't stress about this by the way. First thing is to get well and out of hospital !

p.s It may also be worth noting that as you are in hospital, this whole ugly, and avoidable, scenario has not helped with your recover or general well being !! This can be used later
    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Thankfully I am now out of hospital and continuing my recovery at home, so far so good.

Rather disappointingly though there was no response from either letter that I had sent to Virgin and regarding timescales I had actually told them in the letter that I was going into hospital on 22nd November and wanted to take the Notebook with me.

Not too sure what my next move should be but it defo ain't over yet. Still paying for the dongle contract and can't even use the dam thing as I've no longer got the notebook to plug it into. That's £15 a month for nothing.

How would it stand if I cancelled the direct debit in an attempt to get them to actually acknowledge my letters. They are quick to send letters when payments aren't made, maybe that's what I need to do to get them to write to me and I can then send them copies of the letter that I sent to them previously..... just a thought

Comment

You may find that way, you will end up with late charges or missed payment fees etc. r they may just cut you off and demand you pay the penalty fee (which could be the full rental for the term of your contract)

I would send another letter, this time though i would also send a letter simultaneously to OFT and Trading Standards. Put copies of the letters to each person so they all know whats going on. Send all by at least recorded delivery.

Don't back down as you are 100% in the right here.

Sorry for spelling mistakes or grammar etc....... i'm a bit blootered
        I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Thanks Billy

It's wonderful to have an independant person give a better outlook on things, I've always just jumped in feet first. Now I'm going to get things right. Letters will be posted tomorrow.

Where's the easiest place to find the correct addresses for the OFT and Trading Standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow Liberty
            Where's the easiest place to find the correct addresses for the OFT and Trading Standards.
            Trading standards--> http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/extr ... =/contact/

OFT--> http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_10010835

Comment

Working...
            X