GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is this agreement valid? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this agreement valid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this agreement valid?

CC i knew you would have an answer
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi,

Cleverclogs - I have a good credit rating and didnt want this affected, also with making the payments I have not breached my side of any contract, hence done nothing wrong. The credit agreement was with CDF, it wasnt until not long ago I understood that both CDF and Train2game have the same Director.
      I was lead to believe that this wasnt a loan and that it was some sort of government grant.

The consumer direct people have insinuated that as the welcome dvd has the name of Microsoft on the `end credits` or `with thanks to` and there was or is no affiliation with the company then it is misleading. This was how I saw it when I first saw the welcome dvd in the first place, I had no reason to see this as untrue at the time.

I thought they may have changed it by now but I have looked at the welcome dvd from 2009 and as they finally sent the course dvd in 2011 they also included the same welcome dvd, so I have 2 copies of the same dvd, they have changed nothing on it.

Thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by jaycee View Post
        I have a good credit rating and didnt want this affected, also with making the payments I have not breached my side of any contract, hence done nothing wrong.
        I can certainly understand that, in much the same way that one can understand how someone might become a victim of a blackmailer, but there is still the question of why you did not reject the course materials as being of questionable worth as soon as they arrived or, at the latest, as soon as you learned that the course was neither accredited nor recognised by anyone other than TIGA (link).

The credit agreement was with CDF, it wasnt until not long ago I understood that both CDF and Train2game have the same Director. I was lead to believe that this wasnt a loan and that it was some sort of government grant.
        You thought it was 'some sort of government grant' whereby you gave money to a company for having reluctantly and tardily provided a course accredited only by a games industry training body of whom a prospective employer may never have heard?

Perhaps you might be interested in this bridge I have for sale?
        Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 14 June 2012, 17:49.

Comment

Hi,

I have spoken to Trading Standards and they are very aware of the company and who runs it and how they conduct their business. They have said that I have done everything correct so they have no claim that I have breached any contracts or cannot sue me for anything as all payments etc are pretty much up to date. They have also advised me on the next course of action being a final letter before action, they have said that they will help every step of the way regarding this matter.

Cleverclogs - I had no reason to believe otherwise that this company was anything but honest, seeing the accreditations, endorsements and the welcome dvd with Microsoft on it. As soon as I did find out about this company then I did request that the course be cancelled, they passed me from pillar to post and back again saying that I was under contract and was unable to cancel. I never received the second copy of the agreement and also never got any sort of cancellation form. Yes I was duped by this company and yes I feel very stupid for falling for it, but the fact still remains that they have still mis-sold and misrepresented it, I am more than willing to take this to the County Court if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by jaycee View Post
            I have spoken to Trading Standards and they are very aware of the company and who runs it and how they conduct their business. They have said that I have done everything correct so they have no claim that I have breached any contracts or cannot sue me for anything as all payments etc are pretty much up to date. They have also advised me on the next course of action being a final letter before action, they have said that they will help every step of the way regarding this matter.
            Good.

Cleverclogs - I had no reason to believe otherwise that this company was anything but honest, seeing the accreditations, endorsements and the welcome dvd with Microsoft on it.
            That's why you should avoid buying bridges from people.

As soon as I did find out about this company then I did request that the course be cancelled, they passed me from pillar to post and back again saying that I was under contract and was unable to cancel.
            They are also subject to the same contract which, by reluctantly providing a course which seems not to have been accredited as was initially claimed of it, they have manifestly failed to perform.

In my view, if the misrepresentation made by the sales-wallah was what you claimed, it would be so egregious as to strike at the basis of the contract and that, in consequence, the contract should be rescinded as if it had never been made; you should claim for all monies paid on the contract, plus interest thereon - loss of interest had you saved the money in a bank account - plus costs.

On looking at their website, they now claim that their courses are 'accredited' by TIGA (link) which is claimed to be recognised by the games industry. How widely it is recognised may be another matter.

I've also looked at a couple of their videos and feel I should say that I would wish to do extensive research before I even contemplated buying a used motor-car from such people.

Comment

Afternoon all!

Jaycee, has there been any more feedback regarding this?

Started a similar battle myself with train 4 trade skills a few years ago, moved house, changed jobs etc so it got put on the back burner, but I am very much interested to see if it is worth picking up again.

I opted for the plumbing course... long story short... I’m an idiot and should have researched etc... the "too good to be true" got the better of me.

Anyway... I have letters going back and forth between myself and Barclays partner finance. I will dig out all my letters and responses later on tonight.

Ill be honest, a refund is not my top priority. I want to clear the default off my credit rating! (i stopped my payments as soon as I realised they were very unhelpful)

Hopefully there are a few steps I can try in order to achieve this

Thanks
              Last edited by BLS; 29 October 2012, 16:40.

Comment

Working...
              X