GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SAR personal data/insulting! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAR personal data/insulting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAR personal data/insulting!

Again thank you all for your input and opinions and also your help/support on this matter folks.

I was talking to hubby and he said as well just to get the info together, get the paperwork photocopied and write to Nemo Complaints anyway, and make them aware this have not been raised earlier because I have since lost my poorly dad.
    See what they say.
    Will send a copy to the CEO of the company as well.

And understand the timescale on this, but do you think I should still contact/write to the ICO, explain as well this have not been dealt with earlier because of the constant care with my dad before he passed away?

Comment

As there does not seem to be a time limit for the ICO data-wallahs to "investigate", you shouldn't need to explain why you'd taken so long to complain.

One obvious question to pose is that, as they've added irrelevant and spurious data to your file, how many other files have been improperly augmented in a similar manner? Is libel of customers endemic or even an intrinsic part of the company ethos?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        As there does not seem to be a time limit for the ICO data-wallahs to "investigate", you shouldn't need to explain why you'd taken so long to complain.

One obvious question to pose is that, as they've added irrelevant and spurious data to your file, how many other files have been improperly augmented in a similar manner? Is libel of customers endemic or even an intrinsic part of the company ethos?

Thank you CleverClogs.

And yes exactly the point in the ICO about that as well.

Comment

Yes, write to ICO aswell.

Regards

Comment

Thank you Pompey, I will do.

Right, gonna get hunting for that huge box of SAR lol

Comment

Okay not found everything yet, sorry about the mess on the copy below, i "messily" erased the majority of the wording by us and some of the comments made by them on the sides, not so harsh on this one though.
              Attached Files

Comment

During the complaint process they blocked us, yet we were still customers with them at the time.
                Attached Files

Comment

2nd example of the comments made on the side by the member of staff.......this is just general comments though, but still!

Sorry some of it is not readable as such, the one part says, "Well done you finally worked out that you wouldn't afford the options", I know this is not a complaint to make but surely comments like these anyway should not have been added to our letters??
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by di30; 21 August 2011, 20:13.

Comment

LOL, even disclosed by the staff member at the bottom of the page of us when trying to cancel, she states she managed to talk us out of it..
                    Attached Files

Comment

The above is not relation to the issues raised though; just still surprised with what I have come across lol.
                      Last edited by di30; 21 August 2011, 20:33.

Comment

I will post up in due course of the other info that is essential to this issue.

Comment

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

Data Protection – when and how to complain

Under the Data Protection Act, those who collect and use personal information have to follow rules of good practice for handling information (called the data protection principles). The Act also gives rights to individuals whose information they collect and use.
                          How do I know if my problem is a data protection problem?

You might have a data protection problem if any of the following apply to you:
                          • You have been denied any of your rights, including your right to see the personal information an organisation holds about you.
                          • Personal information about you is used, held or disclosed:
                          • unfairly
                          • for a reason that is not the one it was collected for, or
                          • without proper security.
                          • Personal information about you is:
                          • inadequate, irrelevant or excessive
                          • inaccurate or out of date, or
                          • kept for longer than is necessary.
                          Before you complain to us

First, tell the organisation concerned and give it an opportunity to put things right. Many data protection problems can be solved quickly without us getting involved. You can call our helpline on 0303 123 1113 for advice to help you to solve the problem.
                          What happens if I cannot solve the problem myself?

If you have contacted the organisation about the problem but have been unable to solve it, we may be able to help.

If necessary, we will look into your complaint. If we think the law has been broken, we can give the organisation advice and ask it to solve the problem. In the most serious cases we can order it to do so.

We cannot award you compensation. Our main aim is to get the organisation to change the way it works so that it handles personal information properly in the future.
                          Supporting evidence

For your complaint to be eligible for further consideration we will usually need you to provide us with supporting information or evidence.
                          If you send us this information together with your completed complaint form it will avoid delays that could result from us asking you to provide it later.
                          To find out what information you need to send us, please select the category below that most closely matches what you intend to complain about: If you are still unsure what supporting evidence you will need to send to us, are not able to provide the information we need, or are unable to complete a form please contact our Helpline on 0303 123 1113.
                          Make your complaint

Please note: some of our online complaints forms are undergoing development. In the meantime, please choose from the following options.
                          • By email: If all your supporting evidence is available electronically, you can send your form via email by taking the following steps. Please be aware that email may not be secure and could be intercepted before reaching the ICO.

Data Protection Act complaint form (Word version)
                          1. Complete and save the form to your computer.
                          2. Open a new email, with 'Complaint to the ICO' in the subject line.
                          3. Attach this form and any other documents you wish to send us.
                          4. Send to casework@ico.gsi.gov.uk
                          • By post: If your supporting evidence is in hard copy, you can print out the form and post it to us with your supporting evidence.

Data Protection Act complaint form (Word version)
                          Send to:
                          First Contact Team
                          Information Commissioner's Office
                          Wycliffe House
                          Water Lane
                          Wilmslow
                          SK9 5AF

For information about how we handle your data, please read our privacy notice

Comment

I am sure that, having read the above, one could be excused were one to conclude that the ICO is populated solely by onanists.

Comment

I have come across the essential part of this now on the paperwork, my scanner is playing stupid damn games with me, will have to try resetting it again me thinks .

Comment

Di, that comment on your file about your son (and your beloved Dad) are so below the belt that I gasped for breath as I read it. They musn't be allowed to get away with this. Firstly I will personally go to their offices and punch the lights out of the bloke who put that on your file (a women/mother would never do that - sorry guys). Then when I come out of Holloway (my local) I'll encourage you to think about 'outing' them in the press. I have been a journalist (no I don't do phone hacking) for decades and I'll pull strings. Trust me. I'm motivated because I'm a Mum too. When my baby (now 25 but still my baby) arrived a friend said "welcome to the club - mother to one mother to all". I now get it. Of course others are right to guide you over compensation, but from where I'm standing they must start with a grovelling public apology. The Red Tops are good at exposing this stuff (when they're not hacking into phones obviously). My heart goes out to you girl.

Plan B x

PS how's the lad doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X