X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Equifax

Niddy - my attempt at bullet train point

1: I set up the 30 free trial in 2010 to check my credit rating/and defaults etc (which i closed)

I then closed the account within the 30 free day trial

2: I then this week went to register with them, inputting my details, addresses, security question etc, followed by setting up my DD, and setting up a A: Login name and Password

3: When i then tried to log on – it asked for my father middle name (which i didn’t set up on NEW Account)
    I tried inputting my father middle name, to see what happens, and Voila it opened my screen

4: I found my old details that i had originaly set up in 2010, with my old e-mail address (NOT knowing that it was still on there system)

I changed the e-mail address to my new current one.
    I received an e-mail to confirm that, as well as sent to my old e-mail address to confirm change of address

5: But when i went to log in, with ‘NEW’ logon name & password that i set up this week, it didn’t accept it.

6: I called Equifax, whom was not that helpful and told me to go to:

7: i inserted this weeks details e-mail address & password, and it didn’t accept it.
    i did however keep a log, of my old details, and tried that – Voila it logged me into the ‘ask equifax’ account summary which had my old e-mail address, etc.

BUT i couldn’t submit a question as i ‘DID’ NOT have an ID log

8: So called Equifax again, and asked:
    why that my old details are still on – as i asked them to be removed ref: 2010 setup? - (which has confirmation that the account is cancelled and closed)

8A: We still keep your details on file

8B: why can’t either logon details log me on, as well why does it show on account still the old address, as i changed it on my NEW logon attempt

8C: A: Don’t know why

9: He then went through, security checks to see if he can set up a NEW account, asking:

Have you had any credit cards/loans/store cards in the last 6 years even if they are closed, and how long/what date they were or if i know what amount when i took them out (Fcuks know)

10: He said ‘Nope’ can’t do anything, You need to send to forms of ID (PASSPORT/COUNCIL TAX/UTILITY BILL) and your questions on the ‘www.equifax.co.uk/ask’ Which they should respond within 48hrs

TOTAL Cost on my mobile phone was £3.45 not even being able to get a satifactory or A Result from them (I don't own a landline)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

All - Sorted
      also got free credit report set up with them for inconvience

please close thread when read Super mods
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
        All - Sorted
        also got free credit report set up with them for inconvience

please close thread when read Super mods
        oooh i can do it

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
          oooh i can do it
          Dip shit

A super mod can ban site mods etc mate; otherwise you're pretty much the same. Imagine if one of you took a benny (miche) - well our super mods can come and kick their arse! See
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X