GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Need Advice Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Advice Please

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    Why Transco ?
    Or whoever deals with mains cable repairs.

One cannot be too careful with heavy electricity.

Comment

Electricity board coming straight out having e-mailed them a photo!

One person been to move satellite dish. He's not allowed to touch the scaffolding pole as it is not his department.

Comment

Transco only deal with Gas.......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
          Electricity board coming straight out having e-mailed them a photo!

One person been to move satellite dish. He's not allowed to touch the scaffolding pole as it is not his department.
          How many were watching ?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
            Transco only deal with Gas.......
            They kept changing their name - link

So who should one call about a suspected leak of electricity?

Comment

Oh how I hope these people lose the contract!

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                They kept changing their name - link

So who should one call about a suspected leak of electricity?
                Gas emergency phone number

Please call 0800 111 999 immediately to report a gas leak.
                If you think you or somebody you know is suffering from symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning please visit the NHS or telephone NHS Direct on 0845 4647.
                Electricity emergency phone numbers

To report an electrical emergency please go to the-----------> National Grid website, or---------> find out here who your electricity distribution company is.

Comment

I called my electricity company emergency number. Being an emergency, it only took me about an hour to find an actual telephone number where I would speak to someone on their website.

Heaven help me had I just wanted to talk to someone about something straightforward.

Comment

I called my electricity company emergency number. Being an emergency, it only took me about an hour to find an actual telephone number where I would speak to someone on their website.

Heaven help me had I just wanted to talk to someone about something straightforward.
                    Should be on your Electricity bill

Comment

It probably is, but I'm more scared of that than the mains cable!

If I'm honest, I never thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Or whoever deals with mains cable repairs.

One cannot be too careful with heavy electricity.
                        Batman?

Comment

Very impressed - the electricity company are here and putting the cable back up as we speak. Apparently if I had touched it, it could have killed me. Nice to know.

I know I've just been put under a cardiologist, but I don't need a defribulator that bloody big installed immediately outside my house!!!

Comment

It probably is, but I'm more scared of that than the mains cable!

If I'm honest, I never thought of that.
                            Which is your power company and why have they not yet installed any passive electrodesodificators to protect their customers? (link)

Comment

Think I would still be putting a complaint in due to the significant breaches of health and safety.

What would have happened if you touched it, or if you hadnt gone outside, noticed, and someone had walked into it in the dark?

Comment

Already done and the boss of the Housing Association is phoning me tomorrow morning to arrange a meeting to discuss things. It will be interesting to see quite what they want to discuss, and I'm not sure it would be morally right to accept compensation from a Social housing Association.

Comment

Working...
                                X