GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Merchants Rentals Plc - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merchants Rentals Plc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merchants Rentals Plc

It gets stranger and stranger all the time with these companies. I was told by handepay that they are no way associated with merchant rentals and also vice versa with merchant rentals. I checked the tracking number of the letter I sent to merchant rentals and I have the signature of the person who signed for it but where it says printed name on the track and trace website it says "handy paye" obviously that is how the delivery driver as written it when asked for a name. Hmm thought they were not associated.

Comment

They must think they are very clever as it does get very confusing with them. I can only hope that other traders read this thread and realise there is a problem with their contracts - don't trust them. My initial cancellation letter was addressed to Handepay as my contract and all initial items received from them had Handepay plastered all over it. I was told the letter was never received as they are Merchant Rentals and my contract is with tem not Hanepay - They are in the same building and same address !!!

Comment

I presume you sent it recorded delivery? For evidence of course....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I presume you sent it recorded delivery? For evidence of course....
          Unfortunately I did not - but everything else I have sent has bee recorded and proof of postin!

Comment

Just updating to keep this thread going. I sent my letter to them over 7 days ago via recorded delivery and know it has been received but not heard anything back from them. Should I so anything else as the letter required them to respond in 7 days?

Comment

Sit tight till Monday. Update me then please.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

New update. Have received a letter offering to close the account on return of the old terminal and the incorrect agreement they sent me.

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshirepud View Post
                  New update. Have received a letter offering to close the account on return of the old terminal and the incorrect agreement they sent me.
                  You could say you are willing to comply if they withdraw all current cases

Comment

Haha I knew they would. Ok sit tight. I'll sort you a response for the weekend. Please email me their letter so I can sort you an adequate response....

Well done. I'll be coming to you for a discount now though

Comment

thats fantastic news
                      ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

Haha I knew they would. Ok sit tight. I'll sort you a response for the weekend. Please email me their letter so I can sort you an adequate response....

Well done. I'll be coming to you for a discount now though
                        If you come to my studio, you will be looked after lol. I have emailed the letter to you bud.

Comment

I'll sort you "something for the weekend".
                          IFYPFY

Comment

If you come to my studio, you will be looked after lol. I have emailed the letter to you bud.
                            That my friend is an offer I won't refuse! I'm actually looking for what you sell so we'll chat on email. Great result. We'll finalise at the weekend but you can relax now. Well done. It's over. You won - just like that!

Comment

Ok, what you need to do is to return the terminal as agreed and do it registered so it forces a signature and/or proof of delivery of some capacity. Then get the original wrong-agreement they sent and take a copy for your records (back-up) and send the original back to the woman who wrote to you, with the following main letter:

* edit the bold parts as appropriate

Dear Miss xxxxxx

Ref: xxxxxxxxxxx

I write with reference to your letter dated 26th March 2014 and note your comments.

As previously stated, I am happy to draw a line under this matter and can confirm that the terminal was posted on xx/xx/xxxx and the tracking reference is: xxxxxxxx. Attached to this cover letter is the original incorrect agreement you sent me, which now concludes our business.

As I have complied with my end of the deal I now expect the same and look forward to confirmation that this account is now closed in its entirety and that you will not attempt to hassle me in years to come.

Yours sincerely,

Type Name Here

Comment

Ok.. not sure if this is still an active thread or if this company is still using these unfair contracts

But FTR I went to court today today and they never turned up.. so the case was struck off. .

I'd recommend to anyone considering defending this.. to make sure the case is transferred to your local court as it costs them money to travel to make their case.

While I can't guarantee they will never travel.. I suspect the further you live from their Merseyside HQ and local court the less chance they have of travelling to present their case.

And IMO their actions are all about making more money. So simply doing this makes it as expensive as possible for them. I'd be happy to share my defence with anyone considering defending similar actions.

Comment

Working...
                                X