GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Merchants Rentals Plc - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merchants Rentals Plc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merchants Rentals Plc

Thanks, bloody iPhone, will sort it now
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Updated (link) and sent revised copy to OP - thanks Cloggy
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

YorkshirePud, let me know if my email came through ok please. It's called "revised..."

Comment

Yep just got to the computer and got it bud. cheers.

Comment

You need to check this paragraph in the word version I sent and edit that to suit the red parts highlighted below

I note the previous suggestion that s.101 CCA(1974) is not applicable within your (unfair) terms but the fact that I was only ever offered one type of terminal would immediately nullify the exclusion offered as the goods had not been selected by me (the hirer). If s.101 (4) does apply, the minimum notice period is three months. It’s not an unreasonable argument that paying for 12 months is unfair especially as it is for a relatively cheap product which is easy for you to collect from me at low cost. It seems to me that there is an imbalance in your favour caused by the length of the notice period for the cancellation of the terminal. I am more than happy to be the test case for this in court, should it be your intention to choose that route.

Comment

Ok have done that. Cheers

Comment

Ok send it off with a copy of that other firms application and await their reply

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  I have formally passed this over to Andrew (solicitor) to see what he says - good luck.

I've given you legal access so you can go to our legal section and read other defences etc - I won't split your thread yet, it's easier to follow staying in this dedicated thread about Merchant Abusers.
                  I have now copied relevant posts from here and moved them into your own legal thread found here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...Claim-Received

Comment

Hi I cant access : http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...Claim-Received is there a reason ?

Comment

It's been moved into a protected legal section to protect his claim.

Comment

Ok sorry. I have got a bit lost in the threads and have agreed to pay Merchant Rentals £5.00 a month for 7 years - at least they have gone away but I hope they are eventually get their comeuppance and stop getting money from small business traders!

Comment

Originally posted by julesmitch4 View Post
                          Ok sorry. I have got a bit lost in the threads and have agreed to pay Merchant Rentals £5.00 a month for 7 years - at least they have gone away but I hope they are eventually get their comeuppance and stop getting money from small business traders!
                          Why have you agreed to this? Can you recall the circumstances of membership and how it was sold to you etc...?

Comment

I agreed to pay them a monthly payment because they kept hassling me and sending me default notices and saying they would take it to court if I didn't pay. I was also sent a letter from a debt collection agency.

I recall the agent fom Handeay coming into my salon and offering me a cheaper rate if I went with them. He gave me the contract to sign which I signed he did explain that it was for 36 months but no mention at all that I had to give 12 month notice in writing. All the literature was in the name of Handipay no mention of Merchant rentals at that time. I was given no choice of terminal only shown the one that I would receive. He took the contract away with him and I received it back 3 weeks later. The T&C were so small print that I did not read them. My 36 months rental was up so I decided to change to a new provider, I duly wrote a cancellation letter thinking I could give the normal 28 days notice. I then received a letter saying I had to give 12 months notice in writing. From then on I received default notices for £454.83p at my salon and my home address.

Comment

Jules, leave this with me as I think it might be high time we look to get funding or help to take class action against these clowns, they are purely abusing the system and beaching the UTCCR

Comment

Thank you Mr Cool. All help would be much appreciated if not only for myself but all the others that are being abused by this company x

Comment

Working...
                                X