GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CABOT UK LTD v BACHELLIER [2010] - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CABOT UK LTD v BACHELLIER [2010]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CABOT UK LTD v BACHELLIER [2010]

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I've removed the name of the solicitors.

Please send a pm to Paul. He works there!!

He's one of our mods.
    Sorry, didn't know I couldn't mention their name I have sent a pm to Paul

Comment

It's to avoid unnecessary calls to their main office. It's better that the users here get referred as we pick out those less likely to win to save a lot of time etc...

Everyone knows who Paul works for, however we tend to pm him here unless he gives you the details or we refer you. We don't want any advertising really as if your name is mentioned on the all-about forum; chances are this will follow it

Therefore as Paul is a good guy, best keep his work & pleasure separate
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ive answered best i can

It would help to know what the pleadings say to know what were dealing with

Comment

Can you briefly answer on here, obviously de-personalising it for us lot please matey
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

WEll the Bulk Centre rules has a limit of 1024 characters

a CCBC member should either be able to particularise its claim inside this limit, or state "particulars to follow" or if it cannot do this then it should use the normal county court like the rest of us.

So, looking at Cabots recent pleadings, they are woeful, some have been under 300 characters thus leaving 700 free, which is clearly outsideo f the bulk centre membership rules

This is an abuse and the opponents should be placed on notice that they should plead properly or you apply for an order compelling them to plead properly or struck out, in a nut shell

you cant have a trial when the pleadings are sooo vague that in most cases they dont even allege a breach of contract has occured

Comment

in short, i was pointing out really that theres no point trying to run before you can walk,

dont send pointless letters asking for this document and that document, especially if its not mentioned in the statement of case as unless its mentioned there is no duty to disclose the document therefore its likely cabot will say " we havent mentioned it so you cant have it" so put pressure on them and make them plead properly from the outset

Comment

i too got one of those Doggy 'Mr Messy & Men' MBNA - That can be used too somewhere on ere - See Niddy

Thanks Paul, great result and read
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well ive seen the pleadings

293 characters used

leaving 731 available to the Claimant

Frankly that is disgusting and needs sorting out, you cannot deal with such a shocking claim , it needs a repleading for starters

seems Cabot have gone down hill. I look forward ot meeting them in court soon lol

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. View Post
                    Cabot have gone down hill.
                    Is that possible?

Comment

Re: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited-v Bachellier [2010]

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      This judgment will help most the people that have those dodgy 1 minute mbna flyer type applications, the ones with tiny smudged terms that are totally illegible.

Usually I've confirmed to those users that the documents are unenforceable so this will be handy to utilise in a new specific mbna template where such terms were issued (you know the ones, tiny piece of paper with smudged terms on a microfiche)...

I'll sort a template for future users, however in the meantime this is good news. Well done Paul & Watsons (our preferred solicitors)....

This will directly affect people such as Oscar (from memory) and others that got an mbna card around 1997-2003 (ish)!
                      Hi Niddy, i have one of these dodgy micro fishe's, it has now been sold to link financial and was hoping there would be a template to use for this, please check my diary here please.thanks

Comment

Replied to diary.

Comment

Working...
                        X