GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script [CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal - Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Mortimer Clarke Ltd ) v Mike'y - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal - Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Mortimer Clarke Ltd ) v Mike'y

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Mortimer Clarke Ltd ) v Mike'y - Issued 20 January 2016

I think you are still missing the point that Niddy is making. Check with Jo before you send any letters; once the legal process has been set in motion you have to be careful.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Mortimer Clarke Ltd ) v Mike'y - Issued 20 January 2016

What Niddy has pointed out is tactics and this is where you need to talk with Jo.
      I understand you are thinking of your Defence. That letter is telling you that the SAR won't be available before the Defence is submitted!
      Discuss with Jo and be guided by her advice

Comment

I take on board what you're saying but Jo was behind my attempting to obtain SAR as well as sending a cpr 31.14 request to Mortimer Clarke. It may still be possible to obtain the SAR from Cap One before my defence needs to be filed. If not, then we'll have to deal with what Cabot have or don't have. Likewise, it'll be interesting to see if Mortimer Clarke have anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mike'y View Post
          I take on board what you're saying but Jo was behind my attempting to obtain SAR as well as sending a cpr 31.14 request to Mortimer Clarke. It may still be possible to obtain the SAR from Cap One before my defence needs to be filed. If not, then we'll have to deal with what Cabot have or don't have. Likewise, it'll be interesting to see if Mortimer Clarke have anything.
          You just need to run this past Jo. You can surely send by Fax etc.. But ask Jo's advice!

Comment

Why not just copy your driving licence and send it then? That solves things - definitively?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

^ Never. Who do they think they are? I'm very much against giving away my personal details to anybody who collects data and that includes store card providers ;-) I sent them a reply today reminding them of their obligations and pointing out the stupididy of the letter they send to me. I duly signed it with a squiggle as that's my signature for today. ~~~~~~~~ .

Comment

then you're asking for bother. You need the SAR to help beat their claim. I give up mate.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The advice on this forum has always been to go for the SAR or CCA so what's changed? Having the info, if I get it won't change things for the worse, how can it? I'm fairly sure Cabot can't produce a CCA but what harm is there in being forwarned?

ETA, I've spent £10 so want my money's worth from the barstewards.

Comment

Nothing has changed - it's more a case of your misinterpretation of how we work.

You've been served a claim. We've asked Jo to check it & help. Requesting SAR / CPR is indeed standard, but if they don't comply and/or get arsey we suggest you speak to the solicitor which you seem hellbent on avoiding. Thus, if you're continually ignoring our tried & tested methods all I can do is wish you good luck.

What more do you expect? Each post = time. Time is valuable so whilst I fully appreciate you wanting to fight the "barstewards" in my experience I'd say there's a time & a place and this my friend is not it.

If you want to beat them, play the game. Heed our assistance & grab it with both hands!

* your £10 will likely be returned.

Comment

But I am in touch with Jo and requesting the info isn't a bad thing. I won't be able to cash the tenner if I'm not the original account holder. I pointed out the stupididy of their ways. So now I'll sit back, see what arrives or doesn't arrive in the post and then decide on my defence. I also want to see when this account becomes SB which is another reason for the SAR.

Comment

Similar situ here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post549278

Comment

The way I look at it is like this: Depending on what I feel a sar will bring to the table to help my case will govern how I request it. If I know the sar contains info to trash their claim and benefit me then I won't put barriers in the way to obtaining the info. On the other hand, if it's unlikely to be any great benefit to me then I would rather them not comply with my legit request and use that to my advantage later on. Cap1 have for many years played the "no sig'y - no sar'y" game. They did it with me a few years ago. You can spout as much legislation to them as you want but you will receive another template letter in response agreeing that what you say is correct and no sig is needed but that they still need to be satisfied they're corresponding with the correct person before they release it. It's all a game and knowing how to play it. If Jo is helping I would be guided by her.

Comment

Originally posted by panther12 View Post
                            The way I look at it is like this: Depending on what I feel a sar will bring to the table to help my case will govern how I request it. If I know the sar contains info to trash their claim and benefit me then I won't put barriers in the way to obtaining the info. On the other hand, if it's unlikely to be any great benefit to me then I would rather them not comply with my legit request and use that to my advantage later on. Cap1 have for many years played the "no sig'y - no sar'y" game. They did it with me a few years ago. You can spout as much legislation to them as you want but you will receive another template letter in response agreeing that what you say is correct and no sig is needed but that they still need to be satisfied they're corresponding with the correct person before they release it. It's all a game and knowing how to play it. If Jo is helping I would be guided by her.

Comment

Re: [CLOSED] - Continues in AAD+ Legal - Cabot Financial (UK) Limited ( Mortimer Clarke Ltd ) v Mike

Thread copied/moved to the Protected AAD+ Legal Claim Portal --- > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...0-January-2016

THREAD NOW CLOSED

How to join AAD+ ---- > AAD+ Members Portal
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                              X