GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• di30
    replied
    Re: My son's consumer rights buying used car/recurring problems

Originally posted by missy View Post
    Hi Di,
    Sorry i've been running around a fair bit recently and missed the last updates.

So the malfunction light has returned after the replacement clutch and its been sent somewhere for diagnostics and also the fifty point check was not carried out?
    Hi Missy
    That's ok no worries :-)

It was finally repaired at the end of the day last Thurs.

After he had the clutch fitted, 3 days after he had it back after fitting, the engine management light came on, so he had 2 error codes came up on it at 2 garages, one of them where he had the clutch fitted and the other another place recommended by the dealer.
    (Posted the issues above) so it was booked in for last Weds at the other recommended garage but strange before he taken it there the management light went out again, but didnt want to take any chances.

The car was taken from the above recommended garage then to yet another one that deals with these matters as above posted link (other post).

And I asked my son about paperwork about the 50 point check, he said there isnt any or when asked no record of it either.

thanks again :-)

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Hi Di,
    Sorry i've been running around a fair bit recently and missed the last updates.

So the malfunction light has returned after the replacement clutch and its been sent somewhere for diagnostics and also the fifty point check was not carried out?

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

.....okay the dealer rang to say "Hello darling, your son car's ready, just to let you know sweetheart" lol.

Anyway, going back to a 50point check there wasnt one.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

It is possible Bricktop, and the other day the light finally went out, but we (my son) do not want him to take any risks.

It was booked in to another garage yesterday, as said in one of my above posts (not the same one who done the clutch), so the dealer arranged it to go elsewhere, however when my son went to pick it up yesterday, the car wasnt there (they never even contacted him to let him know), but they had taken it to another that deal direct with these matters, here;
    http://www.secure-wise.com/

Surely they should have let him know. So he is still without the car!

Leave a comment:

• Bricktop
    replied

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    It's sounding like trading standards, car not fit for purpose; to my ignorant mind!
    Not sure if it is at that point yet.

It is possible that the garage who carried out the repair disturbed something, but I suspect this is something else.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Thanks for that Missy, will ask for one anyway, as we not even sure if one did take place but at least we then have a record I suppose.

The report I requested from warranty was the inspection of my sons car when it was taken apart via clutch, so maybe I didnt explain to warranty in clear details (I do tend to write arese backwards) lol! as it was them that supposedly that done the inspection in order for the job to be paid by them or not.

Scan we good thank you, a bit uncomfortable as I had to do the breathing in and holding on, so that my organs stretch while scanning etc, she did say at the end that she couldnt see anything, so I assume my kidney disease will be put down to long term high blood pressure.

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    the only warranty paperwork he had on the sale was that document I posted on here to say how much warranty and the booklet.
    No harm in asking for a copy of this alleged check Di. Its not normally worth much as there are so many get-outs for them to be honest. Reason being, its only at the time of test.
    So, as an example: "Check clutch for operation" - if it felt ok at the time of test, then it gets a tick! Nothing to stop it packing up a week down the line.

Hope the scan went well.

Cheers
    Missy

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Good luck this afternoon
    Thank you Cym, nervous but just want to get it done with lol, shall be leaving now soon x

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Good luck this afternoon

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Hi Di,
    So i take it you never received the 50 point check paperwork when the sale was completed?
    Not as far as I know Missy, the only warranty paperwork he had on the sale was that document I posted on here to say how much warranty and the booklet.

I shall contact the dealer I think. (I have an ultrasound this afternoon, and may call in passing).

The garage that fitted the clutch the other day said if I wanted a copy of the inspection report (when warranty supposedly) came out to inspect that I would have to request this from warranty, not unless there is a confusion somewhere in regards of the email i received today, and she assumed it was about the 50 point check.

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

Hi Di,
    So i take it you never received the 50 point check paperwork when the sale was completed?

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

I emailed warranty yesterday to ask for a copy of the report, because the garage that fitted the clutch said we do this by requesting the copy from warranty, the first email yesterday said they will send the details and today after I sent them the details of the car as requested this is the email as received from warranty group.........

Good Morning,

Thank you for your recent email regarding your RAC Warranty.

This dealer offers standard RAC Maintenance & Breakdown Warranty, the dealer should have completed a 50 point maintenance inspection, which you can request a copy of from the dealer.

Unfortunately as we do not conduct any inspections we do not hold any copies of these checks.

Kind Regards
    Danielle

Administration Team| Motor Division
    The Warranty Group
    The Aspen Building, Floor

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

No problem Di - nice to give something back to the forum.
    As for the dipstick -that was quite a common occurrence i'm afraid and is basically lucky dip (no pun intended!) on who pulls it at the time.
    The part that stays in the sump is steel based although the handle that you pull hard plastic that often snaps off at the least convenient time!
    Cheers Missy.

Yeah I know what you mean lol, i think its just annoying that everything seems to be happening with the fact he not long had the car.
    Where he did purhase the car, they do have an internal garage, I believe this is used to check to see if anything needs doing to the cars before they put them on the forecourt.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

.Above post dealers and this here the garage that put in clutch.......

http://www.m4carco.co.uk/about-us/

Leave a comment:

• SA Gold
    replied

No problem Di - nice to give something back to the forum.
    As for the dipstick -that was quite a common occurrence i'm afraid and is basically lucky dip (no pun intended!) on who pulls it at the time.
    The part that stays in the sump is steel based although the handle that you pull hard plastic that often snaps off at the least convenient time!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X