GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script NEW 2016/17 Weight Loss Support thread - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW 2016/17 Weight Loss Support thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepie
    replied
    Re: NEW 2016 Weight Loss Support thread

Originally posted by Pixie View Post

What's your target Deepie?
    Under 4 hours 30 .....

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Well done Elsa

What's your target Deepie?

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

That doesn't work for me, unfortunately. I don't eat huge meals anyway, and often leave some on the plate, but I do like rich food..eg I did breaded Camembert and cranberry chutney with our steak on Friday. I'm in this for the long haul so it needs to be feasible and enjoyable. Can't say that I've felt as if I was dieting for the last four months doing it this way. I can cope with 2 diet meals a week as long as I have something to look forward to the rest of the week. Might not work for everyone but it works for me
    So, to balance this, I had a Weightwatchers Cottage Pie last night (just 200 calories) with lots of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, probably 350 calories tops and very filling. Lunch/breakfast and tea/coffee take it up to under 1000 Calories for the day, which I do twice a week. I take vitamin supplements too.

After my skinny meal I've dropped another pound at this morning's weigh in. Yay!
    So: Total lost 2st 4lbs

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Brilliant to see so many joining in Any guys want to join us? Deepie? alland?

NW you have me in stitches
    I'm in ...I'm the same weight as I was last year pre Marathon ...so this year I should lose a few more pounds as I up my miles in the next few weeks

I find that cutting back on your portion size helps with me ....

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Brilliant to see so many joining in Any guys want to join us? Deepie? alland?

NW you have me in stitches

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied

according to the NHS BMI/ weight calculator, I am not alone, I am twins in the same body I should also be 14ft 3in

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

What about standing on be foot to see if that makes it better

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

Is it just me that sneaks up on them and steps on really slowly, to catch them out?

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied

My scales do weight and BMI, they also try and hide when they see me coming

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

Typical unsympathetic NHS!

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Well done Elsa, I agree those activity bracelets are great. I've got a Jawbone Up one and have been known to walk around the house to clean my teeth

Well that was depressing, last time I will follow one of Elsa's links! The bmi checker I have been using was much friendlier!
    Last edited by cymruambyth; 8 January 2016, 08:47.

Leave a comment:

• Undercover Elsa
    replied

I'm in Pixie!

Nightwatch, you do make me laugh! Love the cartoons too

Armed (legged?) with new smaller knickers, I'm determined to have these dropping down too by my holiday on 16th May.

Lost so far: 2st 4lbs (since end of August)
    Target total loss: 4st 7lbs (another 2st 3lbs to go)

I'm still with Nutracheck online, mainly just to do the weigh in updates, I love watching the graph line drop down. There's also an excellent calorie counter database where you just type the food in and you get a selection of different brand names and their calorie content.
    Still wearing my Fitbit bracelet. My highest number of steps per day has been 11,000 + (about 5 miles) which was the day I put the Christmas decorations up! There's a good online dashboard/weight chart with that too.

Don't forget to check Body Mass Index too, it's just as important as weight, I've dropped 5 points since I started: http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Health...alculator.aspx

Leave a comment:

Working...
X