GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HMRC trying to claim tax on money not paid to me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HMRC trying to claim tax on money not paid to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMRC trying to claim tax on money not paid to me

last March 2016, I gave up working for a small taxi company, forward to october I decided to take, in a lump sum, a small pension from the council, I received it, minus the tax that was due,
    I then passed some of my tax allowance to hubby as I would not be working, I have now received a letter from HMRC saying I underpaid tax as they did not take into account that I had passed my allowance to hubby,
    Ok so I owe some tax fair enough, but I wanted a breakdown to make sure it was correct.
    Imagine my suprise to be told that from the 6th April 2016 my ex boss had paid me for 6 weeks (when I wasn't working for him) and they had added that to the pension I withdrew.
    when I pointed out I hadn't received a wage since the end of march 2016 they told me to take it up with him.
    I have spoken to him " it's the accountants fault, I'll talk to him and get back to you"
    I have 3 weeks to pay HMRC and he goes on holiday for 4 weeks tomorrow.
    I don't mind paying what I owe but I am not paying on wages I haven't had,
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X