This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new move

Is it worth investing P/T time to go back to Uni/College and study a 'New Move' with an optional career choice? in this day of age, as an Adult in their late 30's?
    No savings, at work just getting by - no solid job with your employer
    0.00%
    Yes
    60.00%
    No
    0.00%
    Nothing to loose, extra qualification on your CV
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: new move

if you can do it afford it, then yes
    there are no real "jobs for life" anymore, and whatever job you are in might not even excist in 10 years

if you do a course in something you care about that can be a big bonus
    It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Absolutely worth it!
      (Anyway, education is wasted on the young - er...speaking as a 25-year old )

Comment

Can see no reason why not after all you still have 35 yrs left in you or will that be 40/45 years with the government changes to retirement.

Comment

I can't see why not.

A few days back my hubby now 40, although employed received a leaflet through the letterbox about returning back to college and it states the courses available.

Comment

I did part time computing courses at my local college, for no other reason than bordum and give me something to do in the hope they will be needed later in life.

Comment

I started a full-time degree course for a career change in my late 40s.

It hasn't worked out as well as I would have liked but I don't regret doing it (except for not doing it sooner). At least I enjoy the work I'm doing (and I doubt that I'll ever repay my student loan.)

I studied P/T for a psychology degree almost 20 years ago and there was a 70 year old woman on the course.

IMO you should never stop learning - you'll just stagnate.
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

IMO you should never stop learning - you'll just stagnate.
                Agree 110% life is like a revolving circle sometimes you hit it sometimes you don't but you must never stop.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X