GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script grievance procedure - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grievance procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: grievance procedure

Thank you Jane for being honest, I 'v been doing a lot of reading and have come to the conclusion thats its impossible for someone not legaly trained to understand the different regulations , I.m hoping to speak to an employment solicitor soon and will let you know what they say. I will pm you in a few days, if the forum allows it.

Thanks again and I hope all goes well for your friend.

Comment

Absolutely the best thing to do Fredbare; they will give you a clear assessment of the likelihood to succeed with a claim. We have been to see one with Amanda and although he wouldn't take on the case (didn't anticipate the payout would be high enough as she already has a new job) he did say she absolutely had a case. This has been very useful when dealing with the company, we have made them aware of our enquiries and she hasn't actually resigned yet, she is still covered with a fit for work note

Jane x

Comment

Hopefully ours wont go to full tribunal and acas can help negotiate an agreement on our behalf, depending on how strong our claim is. Hope you get a good settlement for your friend.

Best wishes fredbare

Comment

How's it going Fredbare; just a quick update on my friend - boss started off offering £700 compromise (you must be joking) but today offered £4500 which we will accept

Looked at the risk of failing on constructive dismissal and the fact she had already found a new job and were really pleased with the outcome - she's booking her first holiday in 5 years with it

Jane x

Comment

Hi Tastyjane

I'm so pleased for you and your friend, a holiday will be nice for her after all the stress. Well done.

We spoke to someone at CAB who thinks we have a good chance, employer not responded to claim yet, and I'm still hopeful it can be settled. CAB lady said to wait and see what the response is and then we can go back for more advice.

Will update when anything happens.

Best wishes to your friend, hope she enjoys her hols.

Fredbare

Comment

Congrats, tastyjane, on your success!

I hope fredbare will be as successful Good luck
              If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Well done jane from me too

I have my fingers crossed for you fredbare
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi everyone

Sorry I'v not been updating, been busy with paperwork, tomorrow is hearing day, will update afterwards and let everyone know how we get on, feeling very nervous now. The judge has moved this along at breakneck speed, its only been a couple of months.

Thank you all for the support. Good news is family member got new job.

Regards Fredbare

Comment

Good luck, I can't offer any advice, just my support.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh good luck Fredbare; I hope you have a good chairman, don't be too nervous, you just need to get your points in order (in your head) and put them across calmly. You will be fine. In my experience the Chairman will always give the employer a much harder time than the employee. Good news about your relations new job - is it the same pay rate as the one they lost? If not you need to highlight that to the tribunal as there may be a case to make up payments.

Jane x

Comment

Hope all is going well and we are all thinking of you today fredbare
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Just checking in to see if there's any news, been thinking about you all morning Fredbare.

jane x

Comment

Hi all

Sadly lost detriment claim and constructive unfair dismissal, judge couldn't find a link between detriment and resignation, won on a few points though which I was pleased with and family member happy that he had his say and proved quite a lot, but it wasn't enough.

Thank you for thinking of us, it's nice to have support. Will wait for the written reasons now and then decide if theres any point appealing, will see a solicitor.

Regards Fredbare

Comment

Sorry to hear that you didn't win, from what I have heard it is subjective and difficult to prove, but well done on the points that you won.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry to hear your friend lost the case Fredbare. Let us know what the solicitor says.

Cheers
                                Missy
                                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X