GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Interview nerves help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview nerves help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interview nerves help

Well Done Pixie!!

Good luck in your quest to find a job 5corpio!!
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic
      Well Done Pixie!!

Good luck in your quest to find a job 5corpio!!
      Well done??? I didn't get the job!!!

Strangely enough, I felt the interview this morning went the opposite to how they usually do. Normally I feel like I've done a good lesson but a crap interview but it was the opposite way round today. Now I just need to get both the lesson and the interview good at the same time ;LOL

JC want me to go for shop jobs but whenever I send my CV I don't hear anything back - overqualified (and skint!)

Good luck with the job hunt 5corpio. It's so stressful isn't it? Wish I could win the Lottery!!
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixiechick

JC want me to go for shop jobs but whenever I send my CV I don't hear anything back - overqualified (and skint!)

Good luck with the job hunt 5corpio. It's so stressful isn't it? Wish I could win the Lottery!!
        Sorry to hear Pixie, there loss at the end.....

I've been for interviews and they've taken someone else on, to later on find that they are re-adverising the job again (always feels like saying to them, you chose the wrong person)...

i've just sent 20 mail shot letters & cv yesterday looking for weekend/part time work for xmas to the local shops, see if i get anything from it....just also applied for 3 full time jobs (non xmas jobs) today (just hate keep on adding or editing things in my cv, just incase thats throwing them off for interviews)....did apply for the post office xmas work (thought it wouldv'e been for at least 12 weks, turns out to be 3 weeks work - told the job centre about it, that i wont be taking the position up as its only for 3 weeks and less than 5 weeks work, they acknowleged and said thats a shame i thought that it would be longer...(didn't justify for me to work 3 weeks i would be -£171 out of pocket otherwise...
        i hate the recruiters answer that you are over qualified or we called you (b**locks, if you called me why didn't you leave a message on voicemail) - reminds me that i got a few e-mails to send them as they not called me with outcomes.

can only plod on and see what happens i suppose.....(good luck Pixie, there be something out there)....think positive ;-y ;-y ;-y
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Didn't get the job yesterday either - another candidate had more experience with that age group - they [size=5]knew how much experience I had - it was on the application form!!

I suppose I should take heart from the fact that I actually got an interview.

All the JC could offer on Thursday was a 'jobsearch skills' course which the guy said was pointless for me because I was doing everything right.

Comment

Didn't get the job yesterday either - another candidate had more experience with that age group - they [size=5]knew how much experience I had - it was on the application form!!

I suppose I should take heart from the fact that I actually got an interview.

All the JC could offer on Thursday was a 'jobsearch skills' course which the guy said was pointless for me because I was doing everything right.
            i got that from the JC too, telling me that i'm doing everything right and its pointless for a skills course. got a telephone call from the JC hoping that they found me a job (first time in 8 months they've called me) ;Hmm , Unfortunatley had to tell them that i don't have Media marketing sales experience so wouldn't be any good for the client nor me (was for a football team as well in the League 1 (but i dont like football either lol)

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio
              i got that from the JC too, telling me that i'm doing everything right and its pointless for a skills course. got a telephone call from the JC hoping that they found me a job (first time in 8 months they've called me) ;Hmm , Unfortunatley had to tell them that i don't have Media marketing sales experience so wouldn't be any good for the client nor me (was for a football team as well in the League 1 (but i dont like football either lol)
              [size=5]Have to be honest - i had to go and check what premier it was in or the league then ;D

Comment

Just got a job offer today ;Sh
                But its only for 24 days worth work £1500 3 - 4 days a week till xmas, but would be travelling 250 miles per day going to sites @ 28p per mile. Not got a car though ;D would cost me more to buy, insure, & tax. :cry: Anyone like to lend me there car??? back to the grind again to look for another job........

Comment

Oh How annoying for you 5corpio!! I like football...and I have a car (for now!)

Comment

Oh How annoying for you 5corpio!! I like football...and I have a car (for now!)
                    you've Won 2-0 against me on that as well Pixie lol.....

Comment

that's a shame 5corpio....something will come up...frustrating

good luck tomorrow pixie....hope you're feeling better xxx

Comment

Working...
                      X