GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Blue badge application time frame? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue badge application time frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue badge application time frame?

So strangely it seems the council finally received the blue badge form because today my mother got a letter saying she hadn't completed everything. It was a list of options with tick boxes. The top one said she hadn't filled out all required fields but they didn't appear to return the form with the letter so can only assume they mean the points raised below it. She needs to send proof of her attendance allowance, two passport photos and proof of address. All of which was emailed to them the day the form was submitted by the gov website. They also said the £10 admin fee hadn't been paid, however according to their website it says the fee is payable once your accepted for the badge so I'm really confused!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I would give the department a call in the morning and get this sorted once and for all as there systems appear to be shite

Comment

Why oh why is everything so much piggin trouble, nothing is straightforward anymore drives me mad.
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
          Why oh why is everything so much piggin trouble, nothing is straightforward anymore drives me mad.

I feel the same as you Nanna, they seem to differ from council to council too......I can only think they hope it will put people off from applying.....
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Exactly IF

Comment

mine was so simple in contrast to this

Comment

Well to save time and trouble I'm going down the council this time with their letter and what they require and will hand it in. Not chanceing emailing now. On the plus side if they had refused the badge. I'd imagine they would have before asking for photos etc. I don't know.

Comment

all I had to do in the end was take in 2 photos and the letter from them , once handed into counter pointing out it was in response to the letter requesting it was forwarded to the relevant department and issued 1 week later

Comment

Let's keep our fingers crossed

Comment

It would be interesting to know if this department has been outsourced to the likes of crapita

Comment

Blue badge arrived today! No assessment needed as she claims attendance allowance. Yay.

Comment

Sorted - great

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                            Blue badge arrived today! No assessment needed as she claims attendance allowance. Yay.
                            Brilliant!
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Fabuloso xx

Comment

3/09/2022 = Blue badge renewal time = sent off weeks ago now a letter stating what date operation, had stated arthritis, partial deaf, knee annual X ray etc review soon, date to be notified, might be able to get operation as all attempts last 4-5 years covid 19 or other excuses., also been told chances are will not cure pain within knee as 7 out of ten fail, and respondents complaint more pain in the knee now, it has been read as awaiting operation not on the long waiting list for possible operation.,

The last time they refused but appeal quickly overturned their arguments and necessary points needed were given, also heart patient. managed to get hospital to give me annual X ray appointment etc ion October instead of November as the other knee playing up and arthritis hips and around original new hip getting worse on both lower back areas.

26th/09/20222 = no response to email so I sent another and stated use common sense, followed up by letter to the, by 9 a.m. next morning email blue badge ordered/
                                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 30 September 2022, 14:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X