GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Coming off IS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming off IS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coming off IS

Originally posted by alwaysskint View Post
    Signed of IS today as it happens...Gulp....Yaaay me lol

The discussions we had on pm and the calculator link below were spot on! So thanks again for your input there Billypre, certainly made the transition into employment a lot less daunting.

Got very good at juggling over the years so even if I have a bad week or two, bills will still get paid and we won't starve ;-)
    Glad to hear things went well and you settled in like a duck to water singing "Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho , it's off to work we go"...

You might find some more useful info on this link.

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/default.aspx

Gerry x

Comment

Wow, although I have been popping back - so briefly sometimes i haven't bothered to log in...I know sorry lol - I've just noticed how much time has flown by!

Been a busy bee see haha, various coursework to be done, inspections, checks, planning, etc to do and boy! do I hate paperwork lol

So far....touching wood rapidly.....it has all gone swimmingly smooth.
      It felt like a huge leap of uncertainty at the time, with no-one able to give me exact figures until I did the deed as it were.

Technically, I'm about £50 a week up on what I was on benefits (IS) which, doesn't sound a lot I know, but when you've fed 3 of you on £20 a week for sooo long it's like winning the lottery lol

For anyone wondering whether to make the leap into the working world again, leaving the safe and security of at least knowing what you've got coming in to guessing about the if's buts and maybe possibly's I'd say, use the links above to play around with the figures, ensure you do full and concise market research, then do it again, the marketplace in every industry is changing like billy-oh (no offence to anyone with that name lol) in the current climate, and then, if your gut still says do it, then do exactly that.

I was able to get a 'back to work' bonus of £250 when I signed off and £40 per week for 12 months - which took about 10 weeks to come through, on top of any earnings.
      As I'm still setting up, with any 'earnt' money going straight back into the business by way of resources, that £40 has been a bl###y God send at times, I don't mind telling you lol

Now, with the start of the new school year, with some positive enquiries behind me, I'm hoping we will soon be able to start enjoying the small things in life - friday night takeaway without the guilt or cutbacks of the last couple of years (You'd be surprised what I can do with a tin of corned beef lol)

Apologies for not posting much, I have chipped in when I've felt I had something of some use, but i'm still lurking and when my body re-adjusts itself again I shall no doubt be logging back in instead.

Take Care
      Always x
      Last edited by alwaysskint; 30 August 2011, 20:24. Reason: Spelling terrible for this time of night lol

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysskint View Post
        Wow, although I have been popping back - so briefly sometimes i haven't bothered to log in...I know sorry lol - I've just noticed how much time has flown by!

Been a busy bee see haha, various coursework to be done, inspections, checks, planning, etc to do and boy! do I hate paperwork lol

So far....touching wood rapidly.....it has all gone swimmingly smooth.
        It felt like a huge leap of uncertainty at the time, with no-one able to give me exact figures until I did the deed as it were.

Technically, I'm about £50 a week up on what I was on benefits (IS) which, doesn't sound a lot I know, but when you've fed 3 of you on £20 a week for sooo long it's like winning the lottery lol

For anyone wondering whether to make the leap into the working world again, leaving the safe and security of at least knowing what you've got coming in to guessing about the if's buts and maybe possibly's I'd say, use the links above to play around with the figures, ensure you do full and concise market research, then do it again, the marketplace in every industry is changing like billy-oh (no offence to anyone with that name lol) in the current climate, and then, if your gut still says do it, then do exactly that.

I was able to get a 'back to work' bonus of £250 when I signed off and £40 per week for 12 months - which took about 10 weeks to come through, on top of any earnings.
        As I'm still setting up, with any 'earnt' money going straight back into the business by way of resources, that £40 has been a bl###y God send at times, I don't mind telling you lol

Now, with the start of the new school year, with some positive enquiries behind me, I'm hoping we will soon be able to start enjoying the small things in life - friday night takeaway without the guilt or cutbacks of the last couple of years (You'd be surprised what I can do with a tin of corned beef lol)

Apologies for not posting much, I have chipped in when I've felt I had something of some use, but i'm still lurking and when my body re-adjusts itself again I shall no doubt be logging back in instead.

Take Care
        Always x
        I’m grinning away like a Cheshire cat reading your post ya wee entrepreneur lol.

I’m absolutely delighted for you pal. Well done for having the guts to go for it, I hope your feeling really proud of yourself. Take care and Keep us posted.

Gerry x x

Comment

Working...
        X