GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Even more fun as JSA Suspended - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even more fun as JSA Suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Even more fun as JSA Suspended

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    ps I was a DM for a whole week (trial secondment) and left. It's the worst job ever cos you're just cancelling claims and being a twat.
    I cant believe that would be you?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

pps sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I just read the other thread.

If you take a settlement your benefit would stop and any paid would be an overpayment as the settlement would classify as income (as you'll be on means tested jsa).... So in a weird way no benefits now isn't such a bad thing IF you take the settlement.

You would obviously have to work out what's better to you.

6 months of no jsa or the settlement. What I mean is, let's assume your jsa is 200 per month x 6 = £1200.

If you sit it out you may be better off cos in 6 months you may still be unemployed so you'll get jsa again. However if you admit to getting a settlement, and say that is £2500 for instance, you might not get jsa for x months after the suspension.

Do some maths and get the upto date rules on jsa suspensions and how they allocate settlements against benefits so you know what to do come Monday before jumping in with 7 feet
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps I was a DM for a whole week (trial secondment) and left. It's the worst job ever cos you're just cancelling claims and being a twat. Not my ideal of an honest living
        in all honesty isnt that what you attempt (& succeed) to do here but to banks and dca's???
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
          in all honesty isnt that what you attempt (& succeed) to do here but to banks and dca's???
          Very good

Been on the witty juice tonight mate
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

couples claim so £111.45 a week at mo

but some good news missus got apprenticeship with council at £90 odd a week still has to confirm start dates etc
            in all honesty i'm six of 2 and half a dozen of another. so its a weekend to gather info to assrape everyone on Monday.

I dislike getting beaten lying down. Much more fun standing back up and fighting them at their own games (especially when you win)
            I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Could K's settlement from McDee be classed as *Compensation* and not income by the DWP I believe you don't get taxed on compensation as a result of personal injury payouts but HMRC are after people for PPI refunds I know nothing about Jobseekers criteria though

If K was deemed to have been 'unfairly dismissed' then it would all depend on how the settlement is worded. Some of the things on his list (other thread) don't sound like 'income' to me. How about compensation for 'injury to personal feelings' instead of pay & holiday entitlement due but not paid . . .

Why can't he add 'loss of Jobseekers entitlement' for 6 months to his McDee claim too
              Last edited by PlanB; 22 July 2012, 10:57.

Comment

For normal compo (injury etc) it is deductible and I think ET is too.

An example -> http://personalinjury.ffw.com/pdf/Me...n-benefits.pdf

May be different but I'm ten years out of date. Back then ALL compo etc was deducted. Imagine if someone got £100k - why should they get taxpayers money by way of benefits? So regardless if it's £10 or £100k it used to be means assessed.

Comment

It's complicated to say the least (having read your helpful link) It seems to say that if you're awarded 'compensation' and you were on certain benefits during the period covered by your comp claim (unable to work etc) then your comp gets reduced by the amount of benefits you received during that time. Then the company paying the comp has to pay that sum deducted (from your comp) to the DWP

I think K should ask the CAB about this when he sees them but I expect they'll take a squeaky clean approach rather than look for legal loopholes. Better to ask a local Legal Advice Centre to do that for him

Comment

Sod cab. Acas will assist.

Stick to experts.

Comment

Sod cab. Acas will assist.

Stick to experts.
                      And will ACAS take an open-minded approach to his Catch 22 situation with benefits

Comment

I have a mate at acas. I'll line him up if necessary and get the unofficial info.

He's called LJ on here

Comment

So what should K tell Jobseekers when he rings them tomorrow morning so he doesn't say too much

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            So what should K tell Jobseekers when he rings them tomorrow morning so he doesn't say too much
                            If it were me I'd say "I'll get McDonald's to write in confirming that I was unjustly removed from post proving I was not fired"

I'd first of all, however, speak to the ET and get clarity on award with a caveat for such a letter to be issued to myself by Maccy dee stating I was laid off due to work environment or something similar and then send a copy of said letter to dole. That way there is no mention of any ET or compo.

As for the award, I'd be asking for all salary from date of dismissal to agreement and signature of deal. Plus £1000 as compensation for losing your job plus £2500 for distress, forthcoming hardship and embarrassment etc. So between £3500 - £5000 plus the letter saying you was laid off with a guarantee any future reference will be reflective of an employee that left on mutual terms.

Comment

If it were me I'd say "I'll get McDonald's to write in confirming that I was unjustly removed from post proving I was not fired"

I'd first of all, however, speak to the ET and get clarity on award with a caveat for such a letter to be issued to myself by Maccy dee stating I was laid off due to work environment or something similar and then send a copy of said letter to dole. That way there is no mention of any ET or compo.

As for the award, I'd be asking for all salary from date of dismissal to agreement and signature of deal. Plus £1000 as compensation for losing your job plus £2500 for distress, forthcoming hardship and embarrassment etc. So between £3500 - £5000 plus the letter saying you was laid off with a guarantee any future reference will be reflective of an employee that left on mutual terms.

Essentially them being forced to say my role was no longer available and that i was made redundant

Comment

Yes mate. That's the one.

Laid off. Not redundant.

Comment

Working...
                                X