GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Even more fun as JSA Suspended - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even more fun as JSA Suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlanB
    replied
    Re: Even more fun as JSA Suspended

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
    my list of To-do things this weekend and next week are now getting nuts
    1. Statement of losses to work out what i should ask for in ET
    2. Using above decide what i should do about £1000 settlement offer that was made to me from McDs franchisee.
    3. Sort out letters to all creditors (again)
    4. sort out this JSA issue and send letter regarding this
    5. Counter HA's actions and follow up the compliant i made
    6. jobsearch and follow ups
    7. Doctors and speak to a decent doctor
    8. CAB regards all above
    I forgot to ask whether your Housing Benefit has come through yet because that could help clear your arrears and make peace with your HA.

Sometimes HB can get suspended automatically if JSA gets suspended because the computers talk to each other. I hope I'm wrong in your case but I thought it wise to flag this up now so you don't worry if that happens which cold make it easier to deal with

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
    my list of To-do things this weekend and next week are now getting nuts
    1. Statement of losses to work out what i should ask for in ET
    2. Using above decide what i should do about £1000 settlement offer that was made to me from McDs franchisee.
    3. Sort out letters to all creditors (again)
    4. sort out this JSA issue and send letter regarding this
    5. Counter HA's actions and follow up the compliant i made
    6. jobsearch and follow ups
    7. Doctors and speak to a decent doctor
    8. CAB regards all above
    All of this before sleeping eating etc as now worrying whether JSA that i'm expecting Monday will be paid or not.
    Item 7 on your To Do list could assist any claim for stress against McDee so I'd make that appointment soon

And if you're signed off too sick to work by your GP wouldn't you be entitled to IS with a family to keep if your JSA goes belly up I know nothing about benefits but I really think you deserve a break. Keep strong

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Because if you're made redundant you would be entitled to redundancy pay?
    Possibly yes, or gardening leave etc. point is saying laid off is easy for dole to decipher

Redundancy will involve additional checks PLUS sight of bank statements.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Yes mate. That's the one.

Laid off. Not redundant.
    Because if you're made redundant you would be entitled to redundancy pay?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Yes mate. That's the one.

Laid off. Not redundant.

Leave a comment:

• kilasuit
    replied

If it were me I'd say "I'll get McDonald's to write in confirming that I was unjustly removed from post proving I was not fired"

I'd first of all, however, speak to the ET and get clarity on award with a caveat for such a letter to be issued to myself by Maccy dee stating I was laid off due to work environment or something similar and then send a copy of said letter to dole. That way there is no mention of any ET or compo.

As for the award, I'd be asking for all salary from date of dismissal to agreement and signature of deal. Plus £1000 as compensation for losing your job plus £2500 for distress, forthcoming hardship and embarrassment etc. So between £3500 - £5000 plus the letter saying you was laid off with a guarantee any future reference will be reflective of an employee that left on mutual terms.

Essentially them being forced to say my role was no longer available and that i was made redundant

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    So what should K tell Jobseekers when he rings them tomorrow morning so he doesn't say too much
    If it were me I'd say "I'll get McDonald's to write in confirming that I was unjustly removed from post proving I was not fired"

I'd first of all, however, speak to the ET and get clarity on award with a caveat for such a letter to be issued to myself by Maccy dee stating I was laid off due to work environment or something similar and then send a copy of said letter to dole. That way there is no mention of any ET or compo.

As for the award, I'd be asking for all salary from date of dismissal to agreement and signature of deal. Plus £1000 as compensation for losing your job plus £2500 for distress, forthcoming hardship and embarrassment etc. So between £3500 - £5000 plus the letter saying you was laid off with a guarantee any future reference will be reflective of an employee that left on mutual terms.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

So what should K tell Jobseekers when he rings them tomorrow morning so he doesn't say too much

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I have a mate at acas. I'll line him up if necessary and get the unofficial info.

He's called LJ on here

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Sod cab. Acas will assist.

Stick to experts.
    And will ACAS take an open-minded approach to his Catch 22 situation with benefits

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Sod cab. Acas will assist.

Stick to experts.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

It's complicated to say the least (having read your helpful link) It seems to say that if you're awarded 'compensation' and you were on certain benefits during the period covered by your comp claim (unable to work etc) then your comp gets reduced by the amount of benefits you received during that time. Then the company paying the comp has to pay that sum deducted (from your comp) to the DWP

I think K should ask the CAB about this when he sees them but I expect they'll take a squeaky clean approach rather than look for legal loopholes. Better to ask a local Legal Advice Centre to do that for him

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

For normal compo (injury etc) it is deductible and I think ET is too.

An example -> http://personalinjury.ffw.com/pdf/Me...n-benefits.pdf

May be different but I'm ten years out of date. Back then ALL compo etc was deducted. Imagine if someone got £100k - why should they get taxpayers money by way of benefits? So regardless if it's £10 or £100k it used to be means assessed.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Could K's settlement from McDee be classed as *Compensation* and not income by the DWP I believe you don't get taxed on compensation as a result of personal injury payouts but HMRC are after people for PPI refunds I know nothing about Jobseekers criteria though

If K was deemed to have been 'unfairly dismissed' then it would all depend on how the settlement is worded. Some of the things on his list (other thread) don't sound like 'income' to me. How about compensation for 'injury to personal feelings' instead of pay & holiday entitlement due but not paid . . .

Why can't he add 'loss of Jobseekers entitlement' for 6 months to his McDee claim too
    Last edited by PlanB; 22 July 2012, 10:57.

Leave a comment:

• kilasuit
    replied

couples claim so £111.45 a week at mo

but some good news missus got apprenticeship with council at £90 odd a week still has to confirm start dates etc
    in all honesty i'm six of 2 and half a dozen of another. so its a weekend to gather info to assrape everyone on Monday.

I dislike getting beaten lying down. Much more fun standing back up and fighting them at their own games (especially when you win)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X