GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone know Mortgage Providers for people with defaults please? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know Mortgage Providers for people with defaults please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone know Mortgage Providers for people with defaults please?

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    is this for a self cert style mortgage....?

Would love to ditch MAS #5
    Mine is a standard mortgage and I have to produce wage slips etc. Not sure if they do self cert. It may be worth checking to see as they look at each case individually.

Comment

Ahh see mine is self cert. I don't do sharing my life story with anyone, let alone a bank
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy1976 View Post
        Not sure if they do self cert.
        i wasn't sure anyone did a self cert anymore?!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
          i wasn't sure anyone did a self cert anymore?!
          Nah self certs are dead now mate
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nah self certs are dead now mate
            as i thought as much mate. I wonder if they will make a come back? Personally, i doubt it as a lot of people took them out on the basis *they could* earn the money although when work dries up/far less about its not achievable.
            Last edited by SA Gold; 29 April 2013, 14:13.
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
              as i thought as much mate. I wonder if they will make a come back? Personally, i doubt it as a lot of people took them out on the basis *they could* earn the money although when work dries up/far less about its not achievable.
              I took one because my dividends from my businesses paid treble what I pay myself so my income is incorrect based solely on chargeable hours....

It's a catch 22 now, stuck with shitty firm and cannot move. Oh well.....

Comment

I took one because my dividends from my businesses paid treble what I pay myself so my income is incorrect based solely on chargeable hours....

It's a catch 22 now, stuck with shitty firm and cannot move. Oh well.....
                Got other benefits thou mate - is it 10% tax for dividends? :niddy

Comment

10% tax credit up to 35,000 including income from sallary i think, could be more this year.

Just reitterating what others have said, get a good independant broker to do a search for you, he/she will know exactly what you can and cant get, without submitting applications left right and centre.

Plus you can sit down with them and see all those on the market and what they would require.

Comment

Anyone have any info on any mortgage providers that don't charge sky high interest please?
                    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

Originally posted by bobogosing View Post
                      Anyone have any info on any mortgage providers that don't charge sky high interest please?
                      Hiya,

Without a near-perfect credit history, you are going to be paying through the nose so to speak - if you do get an offer that is.
                      It's for that reason many sit and wait until they have six years clear.

Cheers
                      SA

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
                        Hiya,

Without a near-perfect credit history, you are going to be paying through the nose so to speak - if you do get an offer that is.
                        It's for that reason many sit and wait until they have six years clear.

Cheers
                        SA
                        Okies! Just checking if there's any new updates or anyone can give good news Thanks though!
                        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

Originally posted by bobogosing View Post
                          Okies! Just checking if there's any new updates or anyone can give good news Thanks though!
                          hey, there may be! Someone may post up any new providers.

Best of luck with it.

SA

Comment

Having just read this thread, several years ago our broker arranged a self cert mortgage ...... With MAS5 and once it ended, about 3 years ago it went to 1/2% over base rate.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                              Having just read this thread, several years ago our broker arranged a self cert mortgage ...... With MAS5 and once it ended, about 3 years ago it went to 1/2% over base rate.
                              Hiya,
                              Do self -certs still exist?
                              Cheers
                              SA

Comment

My partner and I successfully applied for a mortgage nearly 2 years ago despite me having defaults and owing just over £30k in unenforceable debt, it was made more complicated as my now wife was on maternity leave and also had a mortgage still with her ex partner but amazingly it all went through.

I think we were accepted on the 28th and my newest default hit the 2 year old mark on the 26th!

It took another 6 months before we got the keys which is an age on an empty house but it was to be expected, we had to write all sorts of letters including what we planned on doing for childcare when my other half went back to work and of course what the status was with my debts and what I planned on doing with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X