GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script credit checks for a mortgage. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

credit checks for a mortgage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: credit checks for a mortgage.

There does seem to be lenders out there, seems a shame now she debt free with a deposit. We started the damage limitation and maybe things will change.
    If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Sorry for my intrusion but could it not be that the credit file you are checking ie credit expert, experian etc that one of the credit reference aggencies has some data on it that's not shown on the referernce aggency that your checking.

Are you checking both experian and equifax? As niddy said they do vary.

Comment

Also watch out for conveyancing mistakes. Check out everything before you apply.

Many years ago I had a mortgage and took out a loan. Paid all the way through then the loan was paid off and the mortgage continued down to the last £20000 or so. I re-mortgaged fee free, and Optima Legal got involved from the mortgage provider's side. Mortgage went through.

Then just as I approached the cliff edge, I thought I would remortgage for a little bit more at a better rate, to raise some funds. I got all the way to signing up and then was told that my application was rejected because I had not declared another mortgage - it turned out to be the additional loan. I assume that the paper work is given to the teaboy to do and he forgot. Optima Legal is sooooooooo professional in every respect - removing tongue from cheek.

By the time Optima Legal had pulled out their finger and done what they should have done years back, the mortgage had gone back into the piggy bank and I was left high and dry. So I hate Optima Legal.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
          So I hate Optima Legal.
          Should have a I hate Optima Legal thread. They certainly are the pits.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
            Also watch out for conveyancing mistakes. Check out everything before you apply.

Many years ago I had a mortgage and took out a loan. Paid all the way through then the loan was paid off and the mortgage continued down to the last £20000 or so. I re-mortgaged fee free, and Optima Legal got involved from the mortgage provider's side. Mortgage went through.

Then just as I approached the cliff edge, I thought I would remortgage for a little bit more at a better rate, to raise some funds. I got all the way to signing up and then was told that my application was rejected because I had not declared another mortgage - it turned out to be the additional loan. I assume that the paper work is given to the teaboy to do and he forgot. Optima Legal is sooooooooo professional in every respect - removing tongue from cheek.

By the time Optima Legal had pulled out their finger and done what they should have done years back, the mortgage had gone back into the piggy bank and I was left high and dry. So I hate Optima Legal.

Jeez, that takes some beating. Bunch of clowns....
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
            X