GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage Questions - Remortgaging with Debt Collector Debt and New Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage Questions - Remortgaging with Debt Collector Debt and New Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I'm clearly out of my depth here, stumbling into domains you guys know very well....but that is the purpose of me being here. Feeling more prodded and poked rather than helped at the minute though.

I don't understand what glaring faux pas I've made in detailing my situation, but you guys seem to be savouring it.

I also don't understand how the debt process generally works; now you're implying my circumstances mean the creditors could take action against us in the form of a CCJ. I suppose they could, I have never thought of it or even looked into the detail of what a CCJ was until just now.

Why do I clearly need to create a AAD diary? I'm in the dark what the great gain will be??

Comment

Originally posted by Orb View Post

Why do I clearly need to create a AAD diary? I'm in the dark what the great gain will be??
      Others have recently expressed the same.

We're in the dark too, as regards the situation with each of those debts. You need to help us to help you.

You said in an earlier post that you would rather just settle those debts. That's fine, and is your decision. We can't help with your borrowing to achieve that, as I said at the outset.

Comment

I'm open to any advice / input regarding the 'old creditor's, details below

I've now also checked my credit score via 2 sites:
        • ClearScore: 748 / 1000
        • Experian: 984 / 1000

I can't see my credit file on Experian (without subscribing), but the debts do not show on the ClearScore report/file, going back to 2018

Old Creditor Info

CURRENT DEBT OWNER ORIG CREDITOR / DEBT TYPE BALANCE STATUS WHO CHASING?
        LOWEL FIRST DIRECT / HSBC UK Personal Loan £5,000 Not paying Debt Owner
        LOWELL TESCO / Personal Loan £15,000 Not paying Debt Owner
        LOWELL TESCO / Credit Card £7,000 Not paying Debt Owner
        LINK FINANCIAL OUTSOURCING MBNA / Credit Card £6,000 Not paying Debt Owner
        LINK FINANCIAL OUTSOURCING MBNA / Credit Card £1,000 Not paying Debt Owner
        PRA GROUP BARCLAYCARD / Credit Card £7,000 Not paying Debt Owner

From what I can work out, all accounts have not received payments since late 2018 / poss mid 2019

None are formally defaulted

Comment

I looked at MSE about remortgaging and the advice was emphatic- do not turn an unsecured debt into a secured debt.

Comment

First
            It's not your credit score you want, it's your credit reports to see if a credit payment history is being reported on the credit reference agencies (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion) re these old accounts. See this link -
            https://www.clearscore.com/learn/cre...rence-agencies

and
            https://www.experian.co.uk/creditreports/sample-report.htm

Second
            If you are going to post a diary, please put it in the format requested with all the info requested, and also say in each case what the most recent chasing letters are saying.

Thank you

Comment

First
              So do you want reports from all 3 agencies?

The ClearScore report/file is from Equifax - from prev msg: "the debts do not show on the ClearScore report/file, going back to 2018"

Second
              So you want the same data I've given in a different format????? Or what's missing?

Letters
              I only have letters from Lowell, not sure when I last received a letter from PRA or Link

Lowell letters:

1. 18/12/24
              We are considering legal action.
              We've reviewed your information on your credit file and believe that you're a homeowner. As you've not been in contact, paid or set up payment plan(s) on your account(s), we're considering instructing solicitors to take legal action

Taking legal action would mean instructing solicitors to obtain a County Court Judgement (CCJ) to help us recover what you owe.....

2. 16/01/24
              You need to let us know how you'll be repaying your outstanding accounts. If you don't engage with us we may take further recovery action which is likely to include sending further letters, calls and SMS messages. We may also proceed with our assessment to decide whether to involve a debt collection company who will discuss your debt(s) on our behalf and contact you to discuss payment.

3. 31/01/24
              If you don't engage with us, we will look to continue recovery action which may include you receiving further letters, calls and text messages. We may also proceed with our assessment to decide whether to involve a debt collection company who will discuss your debt(s) on our behalf and contact you to discuss payment.

Comment

If you had bothered to read the information I linked to, you would know why it's advisable that YOU know what's on the various reports.

If you had bothered to read the post where the diary format was set out, you would know what's missing.

I was trying to help you, but you seem more interested in being adversarial. So be it.

I find that people who genuinely want help provide what is asked for. People with agendas do not.

I will leave you with a final thought. A comment at post #19 mentioned sound advice from the MSE site. It may be sensible to revisit your plan.

Good luck.

Comment

Pot calling the kettle black

I read the info via the links, which was dutifully absorbed and understood, but you didn't say YOU needed all 3 reports/files (and definitely not the scores), I'm not a mind reader

I find that people who genuinely want to give help are kind, friendly, patient, trusting and compassionate. Those that aren't don't.

It's been a struggle on here. Amazed you're allowed to continue the way you do, jeopardising the purpose of the forum.

Nonetheless, tis your domain, so I'll leave you to it and find the help I need in a more helpful environment.

Over and out.

Comment

Originally posted by Orb View Post
                    I'm open to any advice / input regarding the 'old creditor's, details below

I've now also checked my credit score via 2 sites:
                    • ClearScore: 748 / 1000
                    • Experian: 984 / 1000

I can't see my credit file on Experian (without subscribing), but the debts do not show on the ClearScore report/file, going back to 2018

Old Creditor Info

CURRENT DEBT OWNER ORIG CREDITOR / DEBT TYPE BALANCE STATUS WHO CHASING?
                    LOWEL FIRST DIRECT / HSBC UK Personal Loan £5,000 Not paying Debt Owner
                    LOWELL TESCO / Personal Loan £15,000 Not paying Debt Owner
                    LOWELL TESCO / Credit Card £7,000 Not paying Debt Owner
                    LINK FINANCIAL OUTSOURCING MBNA / Credit Card £6,000 Not paying Debt Owner
                    LINK FINANCIAL OUTSOURCING MBNA / Credit Card £1,000 Not paying Debt Owner
                    PRA GROUP BARCLAYCARD / Credit Card £7,000 Not paying Debt Owner
                    From what I can work out, all accounts have not received payments since late 2018 / poss mid 2019

None are formally defaulted
                    AAD Diary format for each debt because no two Debts are alike the CCA 74 treats certain Debts differently as you Know.
                    Nothing about in whose name these DEBTS are

".. From what I can work out, all accounts have not received payments since late 2018 / poss mid 2019 .."
                    No evidence here of keeping records just generalised vagaries. Groups mentioned but assignments as you know are specific.

You have had excellent advice
                    @Dottir
                    ".. I looked at MSE about remortgaging and the advice was emphatic- do not turn an unsecured debt into a secured debt. .."

Clearly vulnerable because a home owner with a mortgage and now this increase in combined income!

Please close the door not slam it on the way out!

Comment

Orb I recently signed up to checkmyfile.com which is free for the first 30 days. You can then get access to all three reports and download them into a PDF file. I'm glad I did this because I discovered two old settled debts on there that I couldnt see via the free sites, such as Clearscore snd Kredit Kharma. They will affect my chances of getting a mortgage in the future and now I know they are there and should have defaulted when I entered my DMP, I can take action.

The folks here do want to help and look at your situation in a logical and methodical way, which is why its important to enter each of your debts into a seperste post in diary format. When they have that info, they can advise how nest to approach and deal with each one. For you it's fraught with emotion because dealing with debt is emotional but the folks here deal in facts. They are not here to offer empathy nor placate us.

Getting a settlement isn't as easy as you may think, particularly with PRA. Unless they have already offered you settlement figures?

It's a long game when it comes to dealing with debts. Your first step really is to get full access to your credit records and Checkmyfile.com would be the quickest and easiest way. Just make sure you cancel within 30 days or you'll be charged £14.99

You can get Statutory reports for free by accessing each Credit Agencies Site but it' can be slow and convaluted process, particularly with Experian. They send a pass code via post and 2 weeks later, I'm still waiting for it, hence why I went to Check my file.com.

If you do come back to look at this post, I hope you get resolution

Comment

Originally posted by Firefairie View Post
                        Orb I recently signed up to checkmyfile.com which is free for the first 30 days. important to enter each of your debts into a seperste post in diary format. When they have that info, they can advise how nest to approach and deal with each one. For you it's fraught with emotion because dealing with debt is emotional but the folks here deal in facts. They are not here to offer empathy nor placate us.

It's a long game when it comes to dealing with debts. Your first step really is to get full access to your credit records and Checkmyfile.com would be the quickest and easiest way. Just make sure you cancel within 30 days or you'll be charged £14.99

You can get Statutory reports for free by accessing each Credit Agencies Site but it' can be slow and convaluted process, particularly with Experian. They send a pass code via post and 2 weeks later, I'm still waiting for it, hence why I went to Check my file.com.

If you do come back to look at this post, I hope you get resolution
                        Really good info about check my file
                        Thsnk you

Comment

Working...
                        X