GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Remortgaging troubles - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remortgaging troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remortgaging troubles

I am currently a 'mortgage prisoner' with Central Homeloans on an Interest only mortgage. This was supposed to be temporary years ago to help with some arrears I got into. Now they can't switch me to a repayment mortgage so I got a mortgage broker and I have been offered a remortgage with Nationwide.
    However, there is a second charge on the property to Coast Financial (old Welcome Finance loan) from 2008. This was mis-sold to me as they never did any affordability checks. But this needs to be cleared before Nationwide will give me the mortgage.
    Also, Central Homeloans have added £2562 in 'collection charges' and £1015 in legal costs. In the notes it says Please refer to our Tariff of Fees and Charges for further details. There is no mention whatsoever of Collection charges or Monthly Arrears Administration Fees.

Could anyone offer any advice as to how I should approach both the Central Homeloans charges and the Welcome/Coast charge on the property?

Thanks
Working...
X