GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car loan issue ! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car loan issue !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car loan issue !

Was this Direct Line by any chance?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Nope More Than...what a contradiction there..!! More Than it's worth more like...
      Well have just sent a letter recorded asking for documented proof of the payment and policy transaction..have given them eight weeks before sending to the ombudsman..

Comment

So going back to original question if I keep paying my monthly DD to Advantage a judge will look on that in a favourable light if Advantage decide to push it towards court...
        If I fight it and ask a judge not to go down CCJ route as I can afford monthly payments would he be inclined not to award CCJ ?

Comment

Ok, step back a little - do you still have the car? If not, why? Where is it?

Second, what makes you think you'll get a CCJ? they must apply after serving correct default etc - have they even defaulted you yet?

Third, you're paying the instalments for the finance? if so they cannot touch you!

Please help clarify the gaps.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Second, what makes you think you'll get a CCJ? they must apply after serving correct default etc - have they even defaulted you yet?

Third, you're paying the instalments for the finance? if so they cannot touch you!

Car sat in a friends compound totalled never going to run again, it was returned to me by More Than as they refused to pay out despite the fact they picked car up and left it in a storage compound close to accident for about three weeks so ended up paying the costs for that.

I know DCA's always threaten CCJ which just makes me laugh but not sure on the score with HP and vehicles , not that they can do anything while I am still disputing the insurance.My concern was the HP was against the vehicle so they have an interest..

No defaults , no late payments , pay on time every month and can afford it..there call centre staff sound like Welcomes illiterate and reading from threating scripts ..which does not phase me just need to know my rights on this one....besides I going to put this to bed straight off with a complaint letter so how high I can make them jump

Comment

Basically I can do what I want with the car...sell it for parts,sell it for scrap , but not sure if the finance company want it back ??
              It was a frontal impact into radiator,grill and bumper , also got cut out of car so roof /tailgate off ( was an estate car ).
              Finance company have not asked for it to be returned...

Comment

If it does go to court , the Judge may well say that the car should have been comprehensive insurance at all times ( it probably says that in the finance agreement) and not just when you fancy using it.

The thing that surprises me is the 14 day insurance I thought most only last for 7 days.

Have the finance house past the title of the car to you yet in writing?

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                  If it does go to court , the Judge may well say that the car should have been comprehensive insurance at all times ( it probably says that in the finance agreement) and not just when you fancy using it.

The thing that surprises me is the 14 day insurance I thought most only last for 7 days.

Have the finance house past the title of the car to you yet in writing?
                  It was a small independent dealer not your big manufacturers , I was surprised at the length of cover offered as well !

No got nothing in writing regarding the title of the car.

Im always fully comp thats what I signed up with More Than for..basically I sold previous car then went on holiday next day for a week and needed a vehicle a.s.a.p when I returned.
                  Got finance sorted,got car picked out and all done in about three days in hindsight yes should have got insurance in place straight off but was covered by dealer insurance...of course a judge may say the same and i may be buggered..its just that Advantage are starting to get twitchy yet I am still paying for vehicle and intend to so as not to damage my already poor credit rating..

Comment

I hope you get it sorted, when I used to issue cover notes they had to be timed exactly when we accepted cover ( unless it was for a future date).

If it does get nasty ( which I hope it wont) they may concentrate on the period from 12am and the time you took out the policy..
                    I cant imagine if you keep paying them they wont kick off , after all said and done they still own the car and your making payments.

Comment

Working...
                    X