GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can't locate account?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't locate account??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't locate account??

I took out an unsecured loan via AA finance in 2007 for Around £20,000. A relationship break up resulted in financial difficulties. Due to this I went via PayPlan and sorted all my creditors out with monthly payments.

A couple of months ago Payplan wrote to me stating they had terminated my DMP and asked e to contact my creditors to arrange payments. I hadn't completed their incomings and outgoings form.

Apparently AA finance were something to do with GE capital Bank back then and then the loan was transferred over to Santander whilst in DMP.

I thought this was a good opportunity to try and deal with some of the creditors.

I owe roughly £6000 to this debt so I thought I would send them a CCA request before continuing with any further payments and requesting bank details as I or Payplan don't have then or Payplan won't disclose them.

I sent the postal order off 16th July and received a replay back today 9th August stating they can find no trace of the account.

What do I do? Reply back stating I definitely have and account or ignore? Payplan can't assist me further and have provided me with all the details, amounts and account numbers.

The second is with Idem servicing who I offered 50% of a £1000 debt it is from 2005. They stated they were not willing to negotiate and offered full and final settlement for £980......£20 off!

They contacted me via telephone and refused to budge so I agreed to continue paying minimal amount for the next 9 years until it was cleared. I asked for their bank details 3 times in the conversation so I could continue with payments. They stated they would reply to my email with the relevant details.

1 months has passed nothing from Idem servicing has been received??

What to do?

Any help or assistance would be much appreciated.

Don't people want to be paid??

BOth of these debts are long gone of my credit file.

Thanks

Originally posted by Newmap View Post
    I took out an unsecured loan via AA finance in 2007 for Around £20,000. . . . . Apparently AA finance were something to do with GE capital Bank back then and then the loan was transferred over to Santander whilst in DMP.

I owe roughly £6000 to this debt so I thought I would send them a CCA request before continuing with any further payments and requesting bank details as I or Payplan don't have then or Payplan won't disclose them.

I sent the postal order off 16th July and received a replay back today 9th August stating they can find no trace of the account.

What do I do? Reply back stating I definitely have and account or ignore? Payplan can't assist me further and have provided me with all the details, amounts and account numbers.

The second is with Idem servicing who I offered 50% of a £1000 debt it is from 2005. They stated they were not willing to negotiate and offered full and final settlement for £980......£20 off!

Hello

A couple of quick questions first.

Was the CCA Request for your original AA loan sent to Santander at the same time as you sent the postal order, and did their reply letter say that the account was unenforceable because they couldn't comply with your request?

Depending on your answer I would probably suggest you definitely don't write back insisting that you have the debt in case they try harder to research the background history.

Have you sent a CCA Request to Idem because that may be your next step with that one? And who was the original creditor for that debt?

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

It was a simple letter about five lines long stating the account number I forwarded could not be found and would I provide a list of old addresses. Letter was sent with postal order to Santander. No reference at all in reply about CCA

The CCA request was sent to Santander as Payplan have been paying them for years.

I did not send anything to AA.

Hope this helps

Comment

Hi, welcome aboard.
        The idea of a CCA request is for your information, it helps you to find out IF the current owner of the debt is LEGALY entitled to demand payment, if they cannot provide said CCA, they can ask for payment, BUT, they are unable to persue the claim for the money in court, some may say they can, but they MAY be bluffing, in the hope that you will pay up, when you don't have to.
        If you did want to pay them off, but as they are off your Credit file, why would you? no or a dodgy CCA is a good barganing tool.
        But never tell them that

just a small question, who did you send the CCA to?
        because if they can't find your account, why are you paying them and who the eck have you been paying money to?
        you do not pay anyone till you know who owns the debt, how much they think you owe, most important, NO CCA, NO payment, don't talk to anyone on the phone, just ignore the call, or fail the security questions and state "in writing only" this way you find out who now owns the debt.

As for Idem, do not make any payment's DO NOT speak to them on the phone, let them write to you, post on this thread what you get, quick jist of the letter.
        let's see where you go from there.

Final question, is that all the debts you have?

love huggs and arm bumping.
        Nightwatch

just noticed you replied above,
        so don't do anything, don't send anything, wait till they find your not paying and write to you.
        meanwhile back at the homestead, just put the money you would be paying to one side for use should you make a F&F.

Mine paid for my 60th birthday trip to ARUBA.
        Last edited by nightwatch; 9 August 2021, 17:25. Reason: people beat me to the questions
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I currently have three outstanding debts.

2 with Paragon/ Idem servicing one for £170 and second £1000

And the larger £6000 with Santander.

I have blocked Idem calling me and will refuse their calls. I can confirm I have sent CCA requests for both Paragon/Idem accounts as due to age of debts are very likely not to produce and CCa's.

Payplan were paying Santander for years.

Im currently not paying anyone anything until they cough up CCA's.

Comment

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It was a simple letter about five lines long stating the account number I forwarded could not be found and would I provide a list of old addresses. Letter was sent with postal order to Santander. No reference at all in reply about CCA

The CCA request was sent to Santander as Payplan have been paying them for years.

I did not send anything to AA.

Hope this helps
              I believe it's often the case that when debt is transferred from the original lender to another, the new owner of the debt allocates their own (new) reference number. ( Someone knowledgeable will shoot me down if incorrect) Did you quote the original AA Finance reference number to Santander?

Comment

I quoted the account number provided to me by Payplan which is the only information they hold.

I do not hold the historic account details as it was 15 years ago.

Comment

I wouldn’t mind betting that Idem Servicing may have legal issues of their own as they were not registered with the FCA prior to Paragon coming along so I wouldn’t give them the time of day.
                  I didn’t with the wife’s one and they have since sold it to Crapot who are struggling with paperwork at present having so admitted that it is unenforceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I believe it's often the case that when debt is transferred from the original lender to another, the new owner of the debt allocates their own (new) reference number. ( Someone knowledgeable will shoot me down if incorrect) Did you quote the original AA Finance reference number to Santander?
                    you are quite correct, but they should also know who the debt was originally with, so if they do write they should quote their ref and original debt name.
                    when it is passed on a couple of times and with it being old, they may not know who it was first with.

Comment

All sounding reasonably positive.

Time to put my feet up and wait.

I'll update when and if I hear anything.

Thanks for the help

Comment

The CCA S.78 (plus £1) is sent to whomever claims to have been Assigned the Debt! Quoting their reference!!!
                        That fulfils the CCA which says that you are entitled (In Law) for a sight of the Contract!
                        Whilst this is unfilled the Debt is UE.

It really isn't your problem!! They have brought a Debt without knowledge of CCA Contract!! How can they sue without evidence of the Contract!!
                        So there is nothing for you to do except SILENCE
                        Sit on your hands!!

Comment

Exactly what I'm doing. I wait with anticipation.

Comment

was a simple letter about five lines long stating the account number I forwarded could not be found and would I provide a list of old addresses. . . . The CCA request was sent to Santander as Payplan have been paying them for years.

Definitely do not send Santander a list of any previous addresses to help them solve the puzzle. You say this debt began as an AA loan fifteen years ago so have you moved house since then if they chose to cross-reference addresses etc?

If they do eventually come up with something in the future you can email it to Niddy (Forum Owner) for his view on enforceability.

You only stopped your DMP in July so maybe Santander will write to you when the penny drops that they're not getting their regular monthly payments.

Post on your thread if/when they do.

Di

Comment

So far I've heard nothing from Santander and long may that continue.

Paragon/Idem servicing have tried in relation to the other two stating they don't have CCA and whilst I still owe the money it cannot be enforced. They are however trying to seek it from original creditors.

Not making any payments until they come up with the goods. Fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                              X