GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welcome finance secure loan sold to Coast - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome finance secure loan sold to Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome finance secure loan sold to Coast

Hi,
    Newbie here...
    I stupidly took out a loan in 2007 for 16k. Looking back now, there was no way I could of ever afford to pay it back
    paid it for a few years with lots of struggles in between.
    2018 the account has been sold to Coast. I owe £6500. I have been paying £10 a month for years.
    Coast have been contacting me a lot for the past 18months.
    I recently made them a settlement offer of £1000. They rejected.
    A friend of mine, in this line of work. Recommended requesting SARS and CCA.

Cut a long story short...after a few months of chasing them for it. They sent the SARS but they don’t think (Their words) they can find the CCA.

The loan was secured therefore a charge is on the land registry. i want to get this resolved and then off the land registry.

Looking for some advice pls.

thanks in advance ??

As stated charge secured on property !!! they are unable to find CCA? another story , then ! wonder if Diana Mayhew can enlighten on this area?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi,
      what I can gather the CCJ/default is no longer on my file. I don’t recall anything to do with Court in the past.
      Thank u for your fast response

Comment

but you state CCJ above ,has this been through courts>>>> i altered my original post as suddenly realised may not be a charging order hense confusion on been to court or not or just loan charge on property?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry it must of been a default as I don’t recall any court action in the past.
          The loan was secured. Im still in the house.
          thanks

Comment

Sorry just seen your amended post ??

Comment

Ah no court then good . Have asked Di to pop on when she can as this area is more her area. ?? Okay!!?
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 20 October 2020, 20:09.

Comment

Great. Thank u.
                Sorry I’m new ??????

Comment

not a problem - welcome by the way:-

Comment

Have a look around the site and it pays to start a diary giving dates ans up dates from the start, makes easier under standing by people on here as progress etc in one place!

Comment

Ok great. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lil84 View Post
                        Hi,
                        what I can gather the CCJ/default is no longer on my file. I don’t recall anything to do with Court in the past.
                        Hello

I’ll take a peek at your thread tomorrow and then make my suggestions probably after asking you loads of questions to see what’s what.

Di

Comment

Great. Thank u ??

Comment

Originally posted by Lil84 View Post
                            the CCJ/default is no longer on my file. I don’t recall anything to do with Court in the past.

My first question has to be: was this a secured loan when you took it out with Welcome, or was it an unsecured loan that got into arrears so a county court claim was issued resulting in a CCJ which was then secured on the property?

You may not recall going to court, but is there a possibility that a claim may have been served on another address (if there is a CCJ)?

Di

Comment

Hi,

it was secured loan with welcome.
                              I don’t recall any court letters. There isn’t anything on my credit file.

i have been paying coast £10 a month since 2018. That was in place from the last company that was managing it.

I have spoken with Coast again today and they said they don’t have the CCA.

The original loan was 16000. There is £6500 outstanding.

I offered them a settlement last month (£1000). They refused. That was before I requested the SARS and CCA.

I really need to remortgage, but I’m really struggling as I need to pay off a few credit cards when I remortgage.

looking for some advice pls???

thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X