GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PayDay Debts - Hindsight is a wonderful thing - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PayDay Debts - Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PayDay Debts - Hindsight is a wonderful thing

CashGenie

• Taken out: March 2014

• Date a payment was last made - Never.

• Status (i.e. did you discuss a payment arrangement or just stop paying)? April 2014

• When applying for the loan did you have to fill out an application form and do you have a copy? I did fill out one, but do not have a copy.

• During the application for the loan were you given any pre-contact information or fact sheet so you could assess the affordability of the loan that was being offered to you and do you have a copy? I believe pre contract info was given but not a fact sheet. I also do not have a copy.

• Were you given a credit agreement and if so do you have a copy? I believe so, but do not have a copy.

• Did you ever roll over the loan and if so how many times? Never rolled over.

• If you rolled over the it would be helpful to understand the following - the amount of money you have repaid in total compared to the capital lent - I've not repaid anything.

• If you rolled over the loan were you provided new pre-contract information and new credit agreement each time and if so do you have copies? No

• Did you receive any arrears notice/letter also containing information on where you can go to get advice on your debts? Yes.

• Have you received any sort of default or termination notice to your POSTAL address? No

• When was the last time you sent any correspondence to them (either by email or post)? April 2014

Please also provide information on all communication sent/received in the following format:

Total Balance: £500ish

This is still with the original Creditor and not with a DCA

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

SnV, I believe thats all of them, 247Moneybox I thought was in my name, it's not. So that doesnt apply to me anymore. Anymore let me know

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
        QuickQuid

• Taken out: September 2011

• Date a payment was last made - Never.
        MacKenzie Hall are going to love you!

Comment

Haha, MH did keep ringing me, but havent contacted me in ages. I think they got fed up.

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

Comment

I'm surprised you got more PDL's this year as the other defaulted ones would show on your credit file. Weird...
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Very weird, Niddy, but shows you how lax they are on affordability and credit checks.

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

Comment

So what help is it you're looking for? What are you looking to achieve (i.e. make a payment arrangement, get the debts to statute barred)?
                "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  So what help is it you're looking for? What are you looking to achieve (i.e. make a payment arrangement, get the debts to statute barred)?
                  I'd like to repair my credit report. In the easiest way possible. With hopefully the least amount of time needed.

Update: Of course I understand that it will take time. But hopefully get it sorted sooner rather than later.

TibetanMonk
                  On Debt Row

Comment

I'd like to repair my credit report. In the easiest way possible. With hopefully the least amount of time needed.
                    You can't. You'll have to see out a 6yr default now sadly. So you're looking for ways to build up your profile / get rid of the PDL's etc so in 6yrs you can start afresh......
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You just got to resist the temptation to keep taking out PDL's../taking any form of credit that's offered to you in the next 6 years...
                      Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        You can't. You'll have to see out a 6yr default now sadly. So you're looking for ways to build up your profile / get rid of the PDL's etc so in 6yrs you can start afresh......
                        Yep But obviously wasnt sure if any were UE or anything and also the best way to do it, also, some of the PDL's arent showing on my credit file?

TibetanMonk
                        On Debt Row

Comment

I'd like to repair my credit report. In the easiest way possible. With hopefully the least amount of time needed. Update: Of course I understand that it will take time. But hopefully get it sorted sooner rather than later.
                          Ok so simple answer is stop applying for credit (including Brighthouse!). But there is no quick fix to this I'm afraid.

Your credit score will start to improve after a minimum of 3 years as some lenders will not look further back than that. Unfortunately you have taken 2 PDL's in the last couple of months which will cancel out the ones you took in 2011 if they have defaulted you. If they have NOT defaulted you, then you may want to consider paying them back in full. If you're unable to do this then you're going to have to accept that credit is out of the question for you until at least 2017. This is not actually a bad thing!

So into your credit score. Some lenders are going to be sneaky. For example MEM money (PDUK) will not register a default with the CRA's but instead keep recording 6 months of late payments for a looong time. You can challenge this, but getting them to actually update the CRA's correctly is a real battle.

Moving forward I would suggest putting money away now in the event one of these companies comes back and bites you in the behind. The majority of PDL debts come to nothing, but some especially if they think they will get a default judgement will go to court. So my suggestion is that you start putting money away to pay these off should that situation arise. Its very unlikely, but best to cover your bases.
                          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                            Ok so simple answer is stop applying for credit (including Brighthouse!). But there is no quick fix to this I'm afraid.

Your credit score will start to improve after a minimum of 3 years as some lenders will not look further back than that. Unfortunately you have taken 2 PDL's in the last couple of months which will cancel out the ones you took in 2011 if they have defaulted you. If they have NOT defaulted you, then you may want to consider paying them back in full. If you're unable to do this then you're going to have to accept that credit is out of the question for you until at least 2017. This is not actually a bad thing!

So into your credit score. Some lenders are going to be sneaky. For example MEM money (PDUK) will not register a default with the CRA's but instead keep recording 6 months of late payments for a looong time. You can challenge this, but getting them to actually update the CRA's correctly is a real battle.

Moving forward I would suggest putting money away now in the event one of these companies comes back and bites you in the behind. The majority of PDL debts come to nothing, but some especially if they think they will get a default judgement will go to court. So my suggestion is that you start putting money away to pay these off should that situation arise. Its very unlikely, but best to cover your bases.
                            Hey SnV,

Okay mate, yeah I've stopped applying now. Niddy was right, I'm an idiot if I continue to apply when I already know theres a problem.

What strikes me is difficult to understand is how I got approved by Brighthouse, and CashGenie & TXT4Loan if I already had these defaults there?

Surely they have to make a decision based on previous defaults?

The likes of SpeedyCredit that was passed to NDR, where do I stand with that? As SpeedyCredit went into Administration, but sold their debts, can this mean UE? :P

Thanks,

TM

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

Comment

What strikes me is difficult to understand is how I got approved by Brighthouse, and CashGenie & TXT4Loan if I already had these defaults there?
                              The information thats registered with the CRA's is viewed differently by different lenders and their lending criteria are different. You got approved because they have lower lending criteria. There is a possibility that no credit search was done at all, or the CRA's that they use wasn't the same as the ones that previous PDL companies used (though changes are meant to being brought in to prevent this).

The likes of SpeedyCredit that was passed to NDR, where do I stand with that? As SpeedyCredit went into Administration, but sold their debts, can this mean UE? :P
                              As speedycredit have gone into administration the best you can hope for here is that paperwork hasn't been handled/transferred correctly and you could cause NDR some problems if you ask for a copy of the agreement. However as far as UE is concerned if NDR have purchased all rights and duties of the debt then they can pursue the debt so it would not be this that could render the agreement UE.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                I'm surprised you got more PDL's this year as the other defaulted ones would show on your credit file. Weird...
                                No - you are amazed, astonished, flabbergasted or "gob smacked".

Monk may yet be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X