GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lucas credit services - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas credit services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lucas credit services

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
    Think this thread is morphing into something that the OP originally didnt ask.

Indeed not to reply or anything is the correct way if the non payment is what you want. (for whatever reason) This was the advice given by other forums and confirmed here. I agree with P1 and S & V on this.

But the original post was more about how to stop them emailing to an email address that isnt secure and can be seen by other members of the family.

Reading the thread again we seemed to have moved onto ignoring them which leaves the OP with his original question unanswered.

OP needs to state clearly have they now accepted without contact this fishing will continue????
    Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
    Hi Lucas

If you can, set up an autoforward rule on your mailbox to route them elsewhere.
    I think my response above covers the original question........

If the OP contacts them, they will keep sending the emails, and worse, if the OP falls for one of their tricks (e.g. need your phone number for security reasons....).

If the emails are ignored they will dry up if no response is received. Understanding the history of the account was important before advising to ignore.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ken
      Thank you.
      Yes my original point was to stop them sending emails to an open email account and of course I was stuck. If I contacted them it admits I have the emails (I do not know if they can tell if they have been received or not . I never send a read receipt). I suppose I could contact them and tell them I am not who they want but that would be a lie and doesn't sit well with me. What I have done is sorted out with a bit of help a mail redirect. I have heard you can get email bouncers so it looks as if the email address is no more. Is that a good idea and does anyone know of any free ones?

Comment

I have not had any more emails but they did try to phone me last week. No message but it was them. I have put a call blocker on my phone so if they call again it will just cut them off but log the call.
        Someone keeps calling me at home from a call centre but never leaves a message.

Comment

Working...
        X