GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Piggybank - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piggybank

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    13th March- Letter before claim received from AJJB Law. I have standard 30 day to reply so about the 11th April.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by scottygees View Post
      13th March- Letter before claim received from AJJB Law. I have standard 30 day to reply so about the 11th April.

      If you've received a Letter of Claim you can email it to me for suggestions on how to manage the situation.

      Is the history of this debt on your Diary?

      Di
      Legal Disclaimer

      I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specialises in consumer credit. If you need to contact me you can send a message by clicking on my username or by emailing me at di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk or by telephoning 0330 053 9340. Our initial advice is always free.

      Any posts I make on the AAD Consumer Forum are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide on the forum is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post


        If you've received a Letter of Claim you can email it to me for suggestions on how to manage the situation.

        Is the history of this debt on your Diary?

        Di
        Hi Di, no the only history regarding this debt is this post. I will send the LBC to you to cast you eye over.

        Thanks

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by scottygees View Post
          Hi Di, no the only history regarding this debt is this post. I will send the LBC to you to cast you eye over.

          Thank you for the update - I've received your email with the Letter of Claim

          Di
          Legal Disclaimer

          I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specialises in consumer credit. If you need to contact me you can send a message by clicking on my username or by emailing me at di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk or by telephoning 0330 053 9340. Our initial advice is always free.

          Any posts I make on the AAD Consumer Forum are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide on the forum is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by scottygees View Post
            13th March- Letter before claim received from AJJB Law. I have standard 30 day to reply so about the 11th April.

            My suggestion is send a s77 CCA Request to the Debt Collection Agent named in the Letter of Claim.

            I would send a copy of that CCA Request to the law firm (AJJB Law) who have sent you the Letter of Claim to make them aware of the situation.

            Depending on what, if anything, you receive from the Agent or AJJB Law you can reply to the Letter of Claim before 11th April. I expect you will tick Box D to dispute the debt unless they produce a compliant credit agreement.

            Di
            Legal Disclaimer

            I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specialises in consumer credit. If you need to contact me you can send a message by clicking on my username or by emailing me at di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk or by telephoning 0330 053 9340. Our initial advice is always free.

            Any posts I make on the AAD Consumer Forum are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide on the forum is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post


              My suggestion is send a s77 CCA Request to the Debt Collection Agent named in the Letter of Claim.

              I would send a copy of that CCA Request to the law firm (AJJB Law) who have sent you the Letter of Claim to make them aware of the situation.

              Depending on what, if anything, you receive from the Agent or AJJB Law you can reply to the Letter of Claim before 11th April. I expect you will tick Box D to dispute the debt unless they produce a compliant credit agreement.

              Di
              Yes that was my intention to tick box D. There also appears to be issues with the DN, should I address that at a later date? I assume I send the s77 now rather than wait until nearer the 30 day deadline date?

              As usual thanks in advance

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by scottygees View Post

                Yes that was my intention to tick box D. There also appears to be issues with the DN, should I address that at a later date? I assume I send the s77 now rather than wait until nearer the 30 day deadline date?

                Yes

                (a) send the s77 CCA Request now plus £1 postal order and Royal Mail Recorded Delivery

                (b) reply to the Letter of Claim nearer the deadline to reflect what you do/don't receive in response to your s77 CCA Request

                (c) at the Letter of Claim reply stage you can ask for the Default Notice since I think there may be an issue if it was served by email unless you gave express permission for that possibly hidden in the small print in any Ts & Cs which they would need to evidence in conjunction with your s77 CCA Request.

                Since the client (Piggybank) is in Administration it may be hard for anyone to produce the necessary documents. However I can't promise that.

                Let's see what happens.

                Di
                Legal Disclaimer

                I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specialises in consumer credit. If you need to contact me you can send a message by clicking on my username or by emailing me at di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk or by telephoning 0330 053 9340. Our initial advice is always free.

                Any posts I make on the AAD Consumer Forum are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide on the forum is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post


                  Yes

                  (a) send the s77 CCA Request now plus £1 postal order and Royal Mail Recorded Delivery

                  (b) reply to the Letter of Claim nearer the deadline to reflect what you do/don't receive in response to your s77 CCA Request

                  (c) at the Letter of Claim reply stage you can ask for the Default Notice since I think there may be an issue if it was served by email unless you gave express permission for that possibly hidden in the small print in any Ts & Cs which they would need to evidence in conjunction with your s77 CCA Request.

                  Since the client (Piggybank) is in Administration it may be hard for anyone to produce the necessary documents. However I can't promise that.

                  Let's see what happens.

                  Di
                  s77 CCA request sent to Piggybank with a copy sent to their Solicitors

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by scottygees View Post

                    s77 CCA request sent to Piggybank with a copy sent to their Solicitors

                    The s77 CCA Request should have gone to the agent mentioned/requested in the Letter of Claim not to Piggybank (in administration) as per my post #20 below >


                    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post


                    My suggestion is send a s77 CCA Request to the Debt Collection Agent named in the Letter of Claim.

                    I would send a copy of that CCA Request to the law firm (AJJB Law) who have sent you the Letter of Claim to make them aware of the situation.

                    Depending on what, if anything, you receive from the Agent or AJJB Law you can reply to the Letter of Claim before 11th April. I expect you will tick Box D to dispute the debt unless they produce a compliant credit agreement.

                    Di
                    Di
                    Legal Disclaimer

                    I am a Litigation Executive at Joanna Connolly Solicitors a firm which specialises in consumer credit. If you need to contact me you can send a message by clicking on my username or by emailing me at di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk or by telephoning 0330 053 9340. Our initial advice is always free.

                    Any posts I make on the AAD Consumer Forum are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide on the forum is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance or contact your local citizens advice bureau at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post


                      The s77 CCA Request should have gone to the agent mentioned/requested in the Letter of Claim not to Piggybank (in administration) as per my post #20 below >




                      Di
                      I will get another one off to CRS asap.More haste less speed!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Recorded delivery keep copy and update any diaries
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

                        If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          26/3/20 Email received rom CRS, still awaiting reply to the LBC issued by their Solicitors.They can wait a bit longer as they haven’t replied to my CCA request plus I have until 13th April to reply by

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by scottygees View Post
                            26/3/20 Email received rom CRS, still awaiting reply to the LBC issued by their Solicitors.They can wait a bit longer as they haven’t replied to my CCA request plus I have until 13th April to reply by
                            If you have an Alsation why Bark yourself?
                            The LBC wasn't supposed to be just another PRESSURE to PAY!
                            If I were you I would treat all of their emails as SPAM!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              or in case of "EMERGENCY" use print facing floor before flushing? just an idea!
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

                              If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Further email received from CRS outlining the implications of a CCJ and staying they haven’t had a reasonable response in connection with the LBC their solicitor sent. (They haven’t had any response yet as the deadline is 11th April. ) But in all seriousness how should I respond to the LBC when it is time bearing in mind the CCA request is still currently outstanding.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X