GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PDLs and Default Notices - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDLs and Default Notices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDLs and Default Notices

Just a general query

Is there a requirement for a PDL to issue a S87(1) DN before a claim?

I realise there are basically two types of PDLs
    1) A short term loan, in the old days often for a month (sometimes less) .
    2) A type of revolving credit so you had a credit limit and could keep drawing on it as long as you paid it off on time.

I think that option 2 would demand a DN but does option 1?
    There seem to be lots of claims about on PDLs atm where there is no mention of DNs

I clearly have a few - some have sent them and some have not

Hi, Yes they might be an option of DN on short term loans in the credit act as long as you missed the payments for 3 times and will fall into a defaulter list.

Comment

jamespeter the posting is 2 years old before posting responses check if old non used thread
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X