GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cahoot flexi loans. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cahoot flexi loans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cahoot flexi loans.

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    Nope no arrears - fully up to date - although they have been charging me 0% for last few months (after REJECTING a similar request)

Think I can see where you are going but quite happy for it to come off balance, and remember, some of my banking is with Santander
    what? If you're up to date then they refund it to you - they have no right to offset it mate.

However common sense would suggest that the overall balance does get reduced so may be better letting them pay into the debt.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      what? If you're up to date then they refund it to you - they have no right to offset it mate.

However common sense would suggest that the overall balance does get reduced so may be better letting them pay into the debt.....
      If Santander pay it into Oscar's account won't they then be able to immediately reduce his credit limit so he doesn't get the benefit? Banks do this out of spite some times

Comment

It is indeed to do with rate jacking. Of course, taking my letter into account, and all other information, there is nothing to suggest Santander have made an error ....... BUT as a gesture of goodwill blah blah blah. If you want a copy of my letter, feel free to PM me.
        I will definitely PM you later about the contents of your letter although I'm shocked to hear the words Santander and Goodwill in the same sentence

Rate jacking is a massive issue for people in debt. NatWest have raised mine every six months without fail for the last 3 years because I'm a perceived risk. This is on an account which has never ever had a late payment, gone over the limit, or missed a payment due. The bank says it does it because it can basically. Er, I'm thinking if they worry I may default aren't they making that more likely by raising my interest rate? No point in going to the FOS on this point because they say they don't interfer in "commercial decisions". Sod TCF I presume

Does anyone have a link to the original thread from OTR?
        Last edited by PlanB; 7 December 2011, 09:26.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          If Santander pay it into Oscar's account won't they then be able to immediately reduce his credit limit so he doesn't get the benefit? Banks do this out of spite some times
          Given the "flexi" facility has been withdrawn, that doesnt really matter.

EDIT - LINKY to the thread OTR (providing you still have access!)
          Last edited by oscar; 7 December 2011, 16:28.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

EDIT - LINKY to the thread OTR (providing you still have access!)

Want me to ban your ass..... !!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Boss.

But people did ask about the original thread

Besides, what ya banning me for? the link or suggesting people are banned!
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh no please don't do that to Oscar I found that information really helpful and I'm going to have a go at my HSBC Flexiloan as a result

Comment

Confirmation - balance reduced by the refund amount.

Comment

Isn't that what you wanted to happen because it may not be money in your hand but you're going to be richer on paper

I still haven't grasped why Santander are paying up all this money to borrowers after they just send one email to the CEO's office. What exactly did they do wrong? I think you said that they upped the APR rate on the loan after they bought the account from elsewhere. So I can only preume that there was nothing in the original Ts & Cs which allowed that to happen.

I've checked the very small print in a HSBC FlexiLoan I have from 2004 which says they can change the terms at the Banks' discretion. That sounds jolly unfair to me

Comment

I've checked the very small print in a HSBC FlexiLoan I have from 2004 which says they can change the terms at the Banks' discretion. That sounds jolly unfair to me
                      All agreements state this

Comment

All agreements state this
                        Then ALL agreements are unfair PANNON GSMZrt vs ERZEBET SUSTKNE GYORFI. It's in the website's document database bit - but I can't do links, pathetic I know

Comment

Then ALL agreements are unfair PANNON GSMZrt vs ERZEBET SUSTKNE GYORFI. It's in the website's document database bit - but I can't do links, pathetic I know
                          Yea most agreements are unfair and geared toward the lender, but like most things they can change rates and key terms at any point, so long as they give you notice.

That's why it became such a big issue with Rate Jacking, and now if you disagree with any material change to the rate you refuse it, then convert the credit account into a repayment account thus retaining the original agreement points whilst rejecting the revisions, and keeping your account healthy in that respect (ie correct CRA data being reported).....

Comment

PANNON GSMZrt vs ERZEBET SUSTKNE GYORFI.
                            You been speaking to paul waaaaay too much - you really don't need to quote these things to me

Comment

You been speaking to paul waaaaay too much - you really don't need to quote these things to me
                              I just wanted you to know that we do actually read and value the things you post on here for us - even the case law with unpronounceable names

I shall be testing this unfair clause argument in court soon and I'll report back

Comment

PANNON GSMZrt vs ERZEBET SUSTKNE GYORFI.
                                Link to the case in question ---> http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...8J0243:EN:HTML

Comment

Working...
                                X