GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Egg's demise - who now has my account? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg's demise - who now has my account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg's demise - who now has my account?

Having read the OP original post I am unsure exactly what the incorrect information is.

He seems to be saying the Loan is all paid off now BUT after it was defaulted.

Therefore is the CRA report still indicating it is a live account?

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
      Only saying what other forums are saying.

Using DPA against us. No reason to keep information beyond when it is needed. As there is no contract as account is closed is the excuse.

Maybe in this case as OP had it till 2008 he maybe fine. But have defo read a number of bods who have this as the response to a SAR.
      I meant Egg's response is crap mate. All financial data should be retained for 6 years since account closure.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry but this is the guidelines again

http://www.ico.gov.uk/~/media/docume...%20%20doc.ashx

54 Where the purchaser of the debt does not agree to take control of the record, the original lender, and at least in part the credit reference agency, will remain responsible if the original record is kept on the file. When the debt is sold or assigned, the customer will no longer owe any money to the original lender. If the record is not removed, the sale or assignment should be recorded and the balance should be shown as
        Last edited by gravytrain; 17 December 2012, 16:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I meant Egg's response is crap mate. All financial data should be retained for 6 years since account closure.

Hence a SAR is a very good idea to get hold of this info before they start to play this card.

I note he has no account info so if he had PPI he needs to get this info via a SAR before the mincer gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
            Sorry but this is the guidelines again

http://www.ico.gov.uk/~/media/docume...%20%20doc.ashx

54 Where the purchaser of the debt does not agree to take control of the record, the original lender, and at least in part the credit reference agency, will remain responsible if the original record is kept on the file. When the debt is sold or assigned, the customer will no longer owe any money to the original lender. If the record is not removed, the sale or assignment should be recorded and the balance should be shown as
            Ok guidelines from a body that cannot do anything! Just to clarify, the ICO's role is to help, guide and teach businesses to process data properly. They are not the FOS or FSA and cannot exactly fine a business thousands (although that is to change I believe) but the point is the data processor cannot be held liable based on the processes used, ie they rely on updates from the data controller and if the controller keeps adding data each month then the CRA can't avoid that. Therefore they throw in their exemption clause - which sadly those guidelines you quote do not show.

There are always exemption classes.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Getting off topic a bit here I think the OP just wanted a way of identifying the owner of his account and those responsible for the maintenance of his file.

I think that the CRA would be aware of who was updating the account, if they weren't, then as the guidelines say the would be partially responsible for its content.

My understanding is that the CRA can be made to rectify mistakes anyway via virtue of the CCA,(section 158/59).

In any case my first recourse wold be via the CRA and a complaint(because it has worked for me)
              Last edited by gravytrain; 18 December 2012, 23:42.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                Having read the OP original post I am unsure exactly what the incorrect information is.

He seems to be saying the Loan is all paid off now BUT after it was defaulted.

Therefore is the CRA report still indicating it is a live account?
                I think the default should be marked settled or satisfied if the sums have been repaid.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                  I think the default should be marked settled or satisfied if the sums have been repaid.
                  Exactly thats why I was asking what the OP thought was wrong?

They could be showing a settled default?

When I was stupid and didnt know anything. Please dont say I still dont I was a bit disturbed everybody was showing defaults and my OH's CRA was like war and peace. It was a lengthy tome for sure.

But when it was drilled down actually besides one company they all had it right. But it took a while to work they had.

We dont actually know what the OP thinks is wrong. Its just stuff

Comment

Working...
                  X