GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PENSION DIFFERENCES THOSE PAID MOST YEARS GET LESS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PENSION DIFFERENCES THOSE PAID MOST YEARS GET LESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PENSION DIFFERENCES THOSE PAID MOST YEARS GET LESS

A situation is highlighted the discrepancy between the old State Pension and the new State Pension, with the latter paying £185.15 a week, or £9,627.80 a year.

A Person said: “The real issue is having two rates of State Pension. The result is that those who have paid in most get less pension.”

Worse, the lower basic State Pension is paid to older people. "[They] are more susceptible to the cold and have higher medical and care costs. Yet they get far less.”

A poster in mainstream paper Quote:- she is 77 and paid income tax for 60 years and National Insurance for 47 years, yet gets less State Pension than someone who has made 35 years of NI contributions to the new State Pension. “This has to stop. We need fair state pensions for everyone.”
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X