GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1990's pension found - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1990's pension found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990's pension found

I'm cleaning out my parents old house and found a letter. Just one. Referring to my pension with Abbey Life. I have vague memories of when my Dad died in 1988 Mother invited a chap round from Abbey Life (possibly in 89) and she paid him £2k to start off my pension pot and I was asked to sign a DD form to pay monthly in to the fund. (I was 18/19)

Well I was a flibberty-jibbet and paid for a while and then didn't bother as ... well... I wasn't going to get old!

So, question is, can I ask them for the £2k back as I don't think I held the account for longer than 18 months.... or has that money now been locked in?

That would be a no then.... lol

Admin can you delete / lock the thread xx

Comment

Have you tried applying to Abbey Life? Nothing ventured ......

Do you have another pension fund which any balance could possibly be transferred to?

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
        I'm cleaning out my parents old house and found a letter. Just one. Referring to my pension with Abbey Life. I have vague memories of when my Dad died in 1988 Mother invited a chap round from Abbey Life (possibly in 89) and she paid him £2k to start off my pension pot and I was asked to sign a DD form to pay monthly in to the fund. (I was 18/19)

Well I was a flibberty-jibbet and paid for a while and then didn't bother as ... well... I wasn't going to get old!

So, question is, can I ask them for the £2k back as I don't think I held the account for longer than 18 months.... or has that money now been locked in?
        You say pension pot!
        Sounds as if this was some kind of annuity savings for your old age!
        Of course you can take this up with Abbey Life (its probable grown since then!) It was in your name and your Mum kinking this off with a £2000 starter however it was your money that was being paid in by D/D.
        Ask Abbey Life!

Comment

Hi, I wrote to Abbey and they want copies of birth certificates, change of name certificates (we didn't do it legally, Mother married and I added dads name on to my name!) marriage certificates, and goodness knows what else....
          I'll try and gather it all and explain about the name change from birth cert to the name they had as my maiden name.... I guess it's worth a try.

Don't shout at me but.... no I dont have a pension.... neither does hubby....

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
            Hi, I wrote to Abbey and they want copies of birth certificates, change of name certificates (we didn't do it legally, Mother married and I added dads name on to my name!) marriage certificates, and goodness knows what else....
            I'll try and gather it all and explain about the name change from birth cert to the name they had as my maiden name.... I guess it's worth a try.
            Don't shout at me but.... no I dont have a pension.... neither does hubby....
            I would send Abbey the documents that they ask for but without explanations which might confuse matters.
            Answer any questions that they ask you. Don't anticipate their questions!

Comment

Working...
            X